veg oil in a 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
veg oil in a 306
hi all iv been wondering whats the story running veg oil mixed with derv in the 306
has anyone done it if so are there any pros or cons ?
thanks all
Thanks given by:
Need a Bosch pump. Yeah you can run whatever mixture you like with the Bosch pump.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Need a bosch fuel pump to be able to use veg. Loads on here use it so I'm sure someone will be along to give you help Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thread moved to the XUD section. You need a bosch pump to run veg as a lucas wont cut it. There is a cheap bosch setup for sale at the moment. a 50/50 mix seems to run okay but you will find that your filters clog up quickly so make sure you carry spares.
Thanks given by:
cool thanks lads iv already got a bosch setup seems im the only van in ireland with one as it was a hoor to find
one just before xmass after the orignal one shat itself
Thanks given by:
Yer if you have the xud with Bosch pump can run 100% veg oil in the summer or thin it out abit in winter add up to 10% petrol or can mix derv but petrol is cheaper and thins it out more Wink and with the price of New oil from cash and carrys now days alot of savings to be had! Picked some up today at 76ppl but some places have it cheaper than that!

Worth noteing tho keep a record of how much you use your aloud 2,499liters a year before you have to pay fuel duty tax on the whole lot just a heads up Smile

Thanks given by:
its a dw8 if that makes any diffrence
Thanks given by:
Running veg oil on a Lucas and what every else I find it won't die! Hahaha
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
It literally is just a case of pour it in if you have a Bosch pump. I mix in about 200ml 2-stroke oil with every tankful of veg just to keep the pump lubricated, but besides that I run it 100%, and have been for about a year. On a cold morning it starts first time but needs the revs holding above 1500 for a few minutes or it'll stall, and it idles unevenly for 5 minutes or so, but it summer it's just like starting on diesel. I was blocking fuel filters every 1-2k for the first 7-8k or so, but now the veg has washed all the crap out of the fuel system I've been running 1 filter for 5k and it's fine! All the stories about filters blocking and leaving you stranded haven't applied to me, you can feel it long before it blocks completely, it'll struggle to rev over 3k.

Actually, question for you. What's the price of veg oil like over there? I'm going to stay with family in Mayo in the summer, not sure whether to bring loads over or buy it there. Best deal I've found is £14.99 for 20 litres from Costco.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
As no-one else seems to have noticed..

No, you can't use veg in a DW8
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
To be honest, if it's got a Bosch VE pump then it should be able to run veg. Is the DW8 direct injection?
Thanks given by:
It's not common rail from what I can find, no idea on what pump it has though.. it is based on an XUD.. You're probably right though Liam, although I swear there's been discussion on this before and why it won't work/work well..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If it's DI like a HDi it probably won't work well, fuel burns slower in a DI engine which results in incomplete burning with veg oil, but it'll still run. And obviously if it's CR then it's a total no-go.
Thanks given by:
Dw8 berlingo van Lucas running veg

Thanks given by:
Hows it run mate?
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 07:45 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Hows it run mate?

Fine I expect...but for how long... ??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 07:49 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(29-01-2014, 07:45 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Hows it run mate?

Fine I expect...but for how long... ??

Its not the Lucas I'm interested in, everyone knows what can happen, it's the DW8....
Thanks given by:
Shit head gaskets go all time on them. That said mines had head gasket problem for last 9months thermostat out and keep motoring.

[attachment=13191]

How my coolant system looks

Thanks given by:
As far as I know the DW8 will run fine on veg IF it has a Bosch pump. Its not common rail, it uses a pump similar to the Xud without the boost compensator, its supposedly an evolution of the XUD.
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 08:32 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Shit head gaskets go all time on them. That said mines had head gasket problem for last 9months thermostat out and keep motoring.

How my coolant system looks

Let me know if you're gonna tackle it, I'll come and help/learn stuff if I can. I won't be pissed this time honest lol

(29-01-2014, 08:53 PM)Uberderv Wrote: As far as I know the DW8 will run fine on veg IF it has a Bosch pump. Its not common rail, it uses a pump similar to the Xud without the boost compensator, its supposedly an evolution of the XUD.

Should be fine then Smile
Thanks given by:
My mates running a late ph3 with dw8 on a bosch...
Runs 100% veg, done about 6k now...trouble free
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
humm intersting reading so far
@the liam ill check out prices but bulk type shops are few and far between over here
ya its a DW8 with a bosch pump ill get some engine snaps so we can finaly decide if its gonna work or not
Thanks given by:
My theory is, if it's a Bosch VE, you can't break it running veg, so lob some in and see.
Thanks given by:
ill give it a bash what part of mayo are ya heading for ?
Thanks given by:
Little village near Ballina, Bonniconlon? Whereabouts you from mate? Love driving over there, some great driving roads, smooth as f*ck compared to here as well.
Thanks given by:
know it well lad
im up the road in sligo
have you been to the scrap yard over there they usually have one or two vans in stock
http://www.dempseydismantlers.com/

let me know closer to the time of your visit and ill buzz down to ballina
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'll let you know mate. I never stay long, I usually go around St Pats so I'm just pissed constantly, plus I don't usually drive because of the distance and expense. It's a 9 hour drive from Leeds, not including 3 hours on the Seacat, so I usually just fly, 90 minutes from Leeds to Knock lol
Thanks given by:
aye knock is the job aaaah paddys day cant fecking stand that day myself
Thanks given by:
Seems to be the day all my family get together, we're all over the world now but all got roots in Ireland so we all tend to visit around that time, my dad was born in Waterford and moved here when he was 18 months, and my mams parents were both from Mayo, so usually when I go over theres family from England, the US, Oz, NZ and even weirdly one of my great uncles left Bonniconlon to move to Birmingham but ended up in Osaka... How the f*ck does that happen?!?!
Thanks given by:
wrong turn in knock airport ?
Thanks given by: