Don't know if i've mentioned this before

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't know if i've mentioned this before
Thinking about trying taxi'ing....i phoned the local coooncil and was told a badge is £80 (well 79) the first year but also have to fill a form for the police, now i've nothing to hide criminal wise but have had some money problems in the past, will that go against me
Thanks given by:
No if you have had money problems,that will not go against you plus was you also told about having to do a knowledge test?
Thanks given by:
Is it just me that was expecting to open this thread to just see "but I'm kind of a big deal?"
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My sister got her badge no problem, she had quite a bit of debt to her name and a lot in the past
...85cc Petrol 0 Doors... - ...135MPG... - ...£17 Tax...
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 12:41 PM)mcvite Wrote: No if you have had money problems,that will not go against you plus was you also told about having to do a knowledge test?

The knowledge is London specific I think.
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 01:48 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(27-01-2014, 12:41 PM)mcvite Wrote: No if you have had money problems,that will not go against you plus was you also told about having to do a knowledge test?

The knowledge is London specific I think.

Hackney carriage specific. Standard mini cabs don't have to know where they are going (like most of them around here don't even know what town they are in!)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well it all depends on what county in the uk you are living,because here in basingstoke,hampshire,hackney carriage and private hire licensed cab drivers req to take a knowledge test to get your badge.
Thanks given by:
You can get two different types of license. A green and pure iirc. Hackney carriage and local licence respectively. The hackney carriage allows you to pickup fares within London. The local licence only allows you to drop of within London, not pick up.

Local licence requires no testing. Just the paperwork filled out.

I have a friend doing the knowledge y'see Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Well i beg to differ,because here the council req,hackney carriage and private hire licensed taxi drivers to undertake a knowledge test so you are able to get your badge from the council,plus also i have archived this a few years ago myself Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Ok....they "test" wasn't mentioned, and isn't on the forms i got....only thing that's pi55ing me is it's £80 for a first yr private hire but no refund if it's declined...bastards Angry
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Cortina I mentioned at FCS... THE_Liam 11 2,238 31-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Last Post: procta