is this cooler big enough?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this cooler big enough?
So this is the cooler I've got for my hdi but the core size is only 260x260x70. I will be using 2" pipework too. Big enough for stage 2?

[attachment=13103]
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Most people use 2.25 inch pipework. The intercooler is towards the small size of what people normally fit but I would have thought you would be fine with that. It should be easier to fit anyway!
Thanks given by:
That's what I was thinking, small cooler, small pipework should be easier fitted. But would go bigger if I thought it would be an issue
Thanks given by:
I would go bigger as realistically with the grille & bumper standard still there that will hardly get much airflow through it.

I would be inclined to go bigger tbh bud. Although it would do for the meantime and could be replaced if it became a problem with just a longer twin pass.
Thanks given by:
You may be right mate, I will keep an eye out for other ones in the mean time
Thanks given by:
Yep, big enough.

(well, assuming you mean for a stage 2 hdi)
Thanks given by:
That's ideal, bigger won't make much more power, if any, it'll just add more lag. 2" pipework is plenty big enough for stage 2 as well.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers guys il plumb it in and see how it goes? Anyone have a link to what nipples I need for my boost gauge?
Thanks given by:
get a brake bleed nipple off an old caliper, would do the job grand Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers dude. The inlet elbow I have also has the egr port chopped off and welded so I will need to find a way to block the egr pipe. Will need a few blanking plates and some kind of end piece to bolt on
Thanks given by:
Get the recirc valve tore off it and a plate on the exhaust manifold, if your inlet is welded make sure its air tight and your winning, just get it mapped out in your map.
Thanks given by:
Thatl be awkward with the engine still in the car though
Thanks given by:
Engine off the mount and pull it forward with something and ull be sorted
Thanks given by: