Could this be the root of my clutch problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could this be the root of my clutch problems
In an 01 2.0 hdi, despite a new one fitted about 2 years ago (15000 ish miles) having a bite point about an 1"-1 1/2" from the floor

It's a sngle mass, not dual that i think it's supposed to be.....just wondered
Thanks given by:
If it's a 2.0 hdi 306 it is definately mean to be a single clutch and flywheel not dual mass
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Stamp on the pedal a few times, push it down and then flick your foot off to let if shoot back up and take the spring off the pedal. Try all those and see what happens, they work for some but not others. Might be time for a new cable.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 10:43 AM)rd070707 Wrote: If it's a 2.0 hdi 306 it is definately mean to be a single clutch and flywheel not dual mass

Ok...so vibes are normal to feel through the pedal, as i was told it's because it's single and not duesl that causes that

(25-01-2014, 10:59 AM)Tom Wrote: Stamp on the pedal a few times, push it down and then flick your foot off to let if shoot back up and take the spring off the pedal. Try all those and see what happens, they work for some but not others. Might be time for a new cable.

Yep, did that god knows how many times and bugger all happened....everything was new at the same time
Thanks given by:
Yeah they are wrong unfortunately, the 306 hdi was never fitted with a dual mass flywheel. Like said above could need new clutch cable mate
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That and everything else was done at the same time and oem
Thanks given by:
Who told you it should be DMF? One of the few good things about the 306 HDi is the lack of DMF to break lol.
Thanks given by:
Another mechanic i didn't use
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clutch problems shaunturner306 7 1,456 11-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Last Post: shaunturner306