boost guage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boost guage
anyone know where to route the boost gauge through the bulk head without drilling a hole planning on having it in the drivers side vent ??
Thanks given by:
Look underneath the master cylinder on the right hand side, tucked away near the top of the bulkhead is a rubber grommet.....push a screwdriver through first then thread the hose through, it'll come out in the driver's footwell. All you need to do then is route it to the vent and cable tie it neatly under the bonnet. Don't forget to put a slim line rollie filter in the pipe to stop the gauge fluttering.
Thanks given by:
gareth7 Wrote:Look underneath the master cylinder on the right hand side, tucked away near the top of the bulkhead is a rubber grommet.....push a screwdriver through first then thread the hose through, it'll come out in the driver's footwell. All you need to do then is route it to the vent and cable tie it neatly under the bonnet. Don't forget to put a slim line rollie filter in the pipe to stop the gauge fluttering.

is that the same on the hdi?

only one i found comes out behind the dash, nearside, and the other one is passenger footwell and then go behind the centre console and go up to the vents? i havent done it yet ive only looked over to see where was best to go..

also the filter, i done a search for that and dident find anything, put it in google and even that come up with weird results.. sooo do you mean this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Line-Filter-E ... 011wt_1139

so would people recomend these? or not worth it?
Thanks given by:
Slim line rollie filter = cigarette filter
Thanks given by:
Has anyone got a photo of the bung cheers
Thanks given by:
Yeah joe it's the same on the HDi, that's where i have mine routed too and it comes out to my gauge in the drivers side vent. Bung is right next to the mastercylinder mate, with a long screwdriver you can poke through it
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
is it the bung with the two hoses coming out of it to the right of the master cylinder ??
Thanks given by:
Shouldn't be anything coming out of it mate, you've got the wrong one.....look underneath the MC on the right hand side, it's quite high up on the bulkhead and just above the servo. If I get chance later I'll get a photo up.
Thanks given by:
cheers a photo would be great dont want to go poking a hole into something important
Thanks given by:
any one got a photo of what bung they routed the pipe through ???
Thanks given by:
sorry mate, forgot to get that photo up for you.....you seriously can't miss it though, look at the top left hand side of the bulkhead where the master cylinder connects to the servo then look to the right hand side of the servo right up underneath almost where it meets the scuttle panel and you'll see a rubber bung about 20-25mm diameter in the bulkhead......this is the one you want and it's the only one there.
Thanks given by:
I could do with a photo of this grommet too, my boost gauge hose runs round the door seal at the moment, and i wanna get it put in properly asap. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll get one sorted later today when I get home from work
Thanks given by:
tried to get one but my camera's too big to get in close and trying to zoom in on it just isn't happening.......follow my description of where it is in my earlier post.....you can't miss it if you head is level with the top of the engine
Thanks given by:
Guess I'll properly sort mine and wire it in one day lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Just had a look, and ive found the grommet you mean! Result. Thanks for that mate, now i can reroute my boost hose and stop crushing it in the door! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:Guess I'll properly sort mine and wire it in one day lol
Theres an earth in the footwell and you can tap into your headunits ignition live.. 15minutes work Wink Get on!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I used both the live AND ground for the headunit, works fine for me! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
WiNgNuTz Wrote:Just had a look, and ive found the grommet you mean! Result. Thanks for that mate, now i can reroute my boost hose and stop crushing it in the door! Big Grin

No worries mate, easy to find when you know where to look lol
Thanks given by:
Could I get a picture of this anyway?
Thanks given by:
Also does this bung apply to phase 1's ?
Thanks given by: