Bosch to Lucas conversion, recommended mechanic?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch to Lucas conversion, recommended mechanic?
Hi going to be coverting my Peugeot 405 xud from Lucas to Bosch for better power, mpg and the fact they're just better (and a bit of tuning Wink )

I got recommended here by Piggy when I posted elsewhere. So I'm here now Smile

Can anyone recommend where I can get this done (I'm getting parts) for a reasonable price asi don't trust myself enough.

Or, long shot, if anyone fancies giving me a hand doing it, I will provide beer brews bacon butties and a good chunk of pennies Wink I might actually learn something that way too.

I know it's a bit cheeky asking this here when I've only just joined this forum but no point putting it off.

Thanks in advance Smile

James

Should probably point out I'm in Preston, Lancashire, but not shy of traveling
Thanks given by:
welcome along mate...

Im sure others will welcome you along and perhaps point you in the right direction Smile Im a bit far Im afraid
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nowhere is too far for an excuse to take the caravan out for the weekend Wink
Thanks given by:
Dont know how far away you are but im in south yorkshire and can do the conversion and a light tune for you

Rare to see a 405 without a bosch!
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 05:07 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Dont know how far away you are but im in south yorkshire and can do the conversion and a light tune for you

Rare to see a 405 without a bosch!

Probably a bit far too just nip over but as I say I'm always up for an excuse to get the caravan out. Help would be very much appreciated (as I'd be sure to show!)

I've not yet got the pump, keeping eyes peeled for a cheap one to come along (aiming around £75 ish) so once I get one (soon) I'll keep you in mind if your sure your OK to help out. Be good to learn a bit more too.
Thanks given by:
You took advice from piggy? Really? Haha Wink

Tbh your best bet is to get someone who's done it before to either be there to lend a hand or do it for you, you could try and figure it out yourself but timing it up can cause issues along with setting it up, where as people who have played with pumps before, its no bother for them! Everyone on here is friendly and I'm sure there's someone near you who can help, unless your in Scotland.

Welcome to the forum BTW Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hi welcome along were are you 2 in the world
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
I have a Bosch for sale Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 08:13 PM)karl1989 Wrote: I have a Bosch for sale Smile

How much you looking at? (Daft question but I assume it's off a turbo)
Thanks given by:
Pm'd mate
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 09:31 PM)karl1989 Wrote: Pm'd mate

Hi I can't reply yet because of new member restrictions, but I've had a pump offered for a cheaper price. All in after that is the injectors. Not yet confirmed if I can take them from my n/a Bosch set up on my old 405, depending on result of this I may still be after those. Thanks though, the offer is appreciated
Thanks given by:
You need a Bosch pump with woodruff key pulley and pulley nut with lines and injectors all of a turbo diesel car
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I have a whole setup but it doesnt have a pulley or key or pulley nut. Have you found someone to do the conversaion yet?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 09:45 PM)Tom Wrote: I have a whole setup but it doesnt have a pulley or key or pulley nut. Have you found someone to do the conversaion yet?

I've got someone who has offered to do the conversion with me so just need to get the bits together. Got pump offered, got most other bits off my old 405. It's a Bosch system but unbelievably the pump is dead. Can't use the pump anyway as it's n/a but all (except maybe injectors) can be used.
Thanks given by:
If its going on a turbo 306 it needs to be a turbo pump...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 12:31 AM)Tom Wrote: If its going on a turbo 306 it needs to be a turbo pump...

I know I'm taking injector pipes and things that can be transferred
Thanks given by:
Right ok i think i had a stupid moment then, not sure on the break pressures of nad injectors but the bosch td ones are 175 i think,
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I've got an answer to the injector query. Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier but I've got a friend who runs an auto factors, so I've asked him. They are different. N/a pressures are 130, turbo are 175 so fair bit of difference. The hunt for a decent cheap set of injectors continues....
Thanks given by:
Half right, Bosch turbo pump are 175 bar, the Lucas pumps are a bit lower :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah Lucas are lower, but meant in terms of Bosch TD and Bosch n/a
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Substitution pump Lucas with Bosch AmedeoRS 3 1,625 13-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Last Post: toseland
  recommended BOSCH fuel pump for XUD7TE assembled 24 7,800 24-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Last Post: assembled
  Lucas to Bosch Conversion Phase 2 306 DTurbo FrostyHDI 2 1,685 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Dave