What is it with people these days!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is it with people these days!
Well I've been pissed off all day today because someone hit my car. I not pissed off because they hit the car because 1. Accidents happen and 2. It was the skoda so the chances are, it's not my problem.
I came out to find a nice scrape on the front bumper done by a old boy in a Lexus. He left no note and didn't even attempt to let me know he had damaged my car even though he knew they was damage to his (long story how I know this).
Really gets on my nerves that hes damaged someone else's property and he won't own up to it. If I can prove that it was him (doubtful) then it will obviously come out of his insurance but chances are the company will have to pay for my bumper to be repainted.
It's because of wankers like that that insurance is going up so much! His is probably only a couple of hundred a year and yet mines a grand a year and I've never had an accident that was my fault. Annoys me that I'm paying for dick heads like this to make mistakes! If I hit someone, I can safely say I would leave my details. Why can't others do this?!?

/rant
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Totally agree tbh. Its infuriating insurance costs and fuel prices really got me going recently
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
agreed man. someone like that is the same reason that ill have to get a new door and do some work on the rear quarter of mine. and the front wing. and numerous spots where people open their doors into mine in asda.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Just go and confront him bud, if you know with no doubt it was him I'd go and see him, he may well just own up or he may well even not know, wanker should learn to drive though
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Just go and confront him bud, if you know with no doubt it was him I'd go and see him, he may well just own up or he may well even not know, wrist exerciser should learn to drive though

Can't. He wasn't there when he got back and I've got no actual proof. It's one of them things where you know it was but can't prove it. Car was covered in dents and scrapes.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well I'd like to think someone would be honest about hitting someone car....but as we all know, if people think they're gonna lose money chances are they'll try and avoid that.
Thanks given by:
How do know who it was then? Will you see the car again?
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:How do know who it was then? Will you see the car again?

Nope won't be going back to that site for 6 months. As I said it is a bloody long story but I know it was him. The house manager there is on the case for me so you never know. He might own up!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just tell your bosses mate let them deal with it!
Thanks given by:
Stuff like this pisses me off so much. A close mate's car got cased the other day, we saw the bloke do it, get out and look at the damage, get back in and drive off. As it happens the bloke only lives up the road so we went and knocked on the door, he said he didn't realise we were in (despite the car outside that he'd just hit lol) and intended to come round later and sort things out, but he was happy to pay for the damage etc. My mate, Lewis, was happy with that and let it be. He went back a couple of days later to sort it out and the bloke said he didn't know why he'd say that, told Lewis to piss off. The guys wife then told him that if he kept knocking on their door then they'd be after him for harassment... O.o

Gets better - next day Lewis gets a phone call from the police, they'd like him to come down to the station to talk about a harassment case LOL! Obviously it's going nowhere, the police said as much immediately, but still, wtf? To top it off Lewis' insurance are being difficult and saying that, since the other fella won't admit liability, Lewis will have to claim on his own insurance and lose his no claims if he wants the damage repaired without going to court! :o
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Tell the insurance company to take it to court then... that's what you pay them for...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you both saw him do it say you want to go court then!!
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Just tell your bosses mate let them deal with it!
Have done. There just Paying for it I think. As said, if it was my 306 I would be more inclined to chase the bloke but I can't prove it at the end of the day. It just pisses me off that people do these things!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
toss pots mate. i hate parking in public places. my mrs takes the piss out of me for the way i park but fuckk em. my thought are with you mate at these hard times.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Next time you go there piss on his door handle and chuckle all the way home ha ha
Thanks given by:
Well yeah, but still sucks, serious ball-ache taking it through court.

EDIT: hahaha, loving jonny's solution.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:my thought are with you mate at these hard times.

I'm not dying! Lol
As said, ain't my car, ain't my problem. Just frustrated that wankers like this won't own up and it costs people like me and you who will be as honest as possible if we were In that position.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nile Wrote:
kingy Wrote:my thought are with you mate at these hard times.

I'm not dying! Lol
As said, ain't my car, ain't my problem. Just frustrated that wrist exerciser like this won't own up and it costs people like me and you who will be as honest as possible if we were In that position.
i was joking with ya mate but yeah, i can see 100% where your coming from.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ha ha my thoughts are with you too in these tough times hope you pul through Noel
Thanks given by:
That's so annoying mate!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hate people like that, i bumped somebodys car once there was no mojor damage (bit of paint tbh) but i left him a note with my number on he rang me i explained what happend and he told me not to worry about it as he was trading it in anyway lol
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you do get some prats like that, happend to me dad a few years ago now. the van driver give me dad bum info. i got the reg of the van and the insurance chased it up. turns out that the van wasnt insured as they couldnt trace it. the insurance contacted some uninsured drivers company and the car was sorted.
Thanks given by:
I rolled into someone once. Got they're phone number and reg plate. There was no damage what do ever though. He wanted 250 of me for a rear bumper of a corsa the next day. And I said could I come down and see the damage my self propperly (it was night when it happened).
Well he never got in touch with me. Looked on askmid and he wasn't insured.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  days when it all hangs together Magenta Sunset 5 1,363 21-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  one of them days Stef205 6 1,620 23-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  the day of days is here daddyfixit 8 1,638 06-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Last Post: silverzx