Gti6 front shocks on hdi estate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti6 front shocks on hdi estate?
I know gti shocks fit a normal hdi just wondering if this applies to estates ? Also if i fitted the shocks and springs ive heard it might increase the ride height due to the hdi engine being lighter? Any one got any experience of 6 springs on a hdi, what do they handle like? Is the ride harsh ?

Ive snapped a spring on my car and the shocks are pretty much wanked as well so i was wondering if the gti shocks would be a upgrade
Thanks given by:
Shocks will be fine, and if you're estate is the meridian then it will be a big improvement over the 'comfort' spec setup it has. If you want standard height then try and get springs from a 3 door HDI Dturbo, GTI springs do apparently sit higher due to weight difference.

Or if you have the money, get Eibach springs, lower about 30mm and still retain normal ride, but with better handling when you push them.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Anyone know if front shocks off a 2002 xsara hdi are the same ?
Thanks given by:
Yes they will fit, cant comment on ride height though
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Toms306 fitted gti shocks on a hdi estate. Think there was maybe eibach springs on there too but it didnt drop it much. It was hardly noticeable but it did handle a lot better!
Thanks given by:
I'm running gti6 shocks on my estate with 40mm spax springs, I'd say it's about 40mm lower than meridian height and handling is alot better
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Would it be ok to run gti6 springs on there for a week or so till i get paid, or would this be a bad idea ?
Thanks given by:
Be fine, but may actually raise the ride height!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 12:23 PM)SRowell Wrote: Toms306 fitted gti shocks on a hdi estate. Think there was maybe eibach springs on there too but it didnt drop it much. It was hardly noticeable but it did handle a lot better!

I did indeed. Wink

Eibach 30mm springs which did give about 30mm drop, the main issue with it was the estates sit higher at the front than even hatch Meridians so 30mm drop isn't massively noticeable by eye.

However I still scraped the splitter coming off the drive so the height was fine for me, just a shame the wing arch wasn't a bit lower for the aesthetics.

Running '6 springs will be fine, but assuming they're old anyway, they are probably already sagging so won't raise the height...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti6/VTS Front Shocks/Springs MY95 14 3,002 05-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Bilstein B4 front shocks pugman2014 9 2,462 22-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Xsara vts front shocks / springs?? Tc306 5 2,422 06-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Tc306