4th/5th Gear Rev Slippage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th/5th Gear Rev Slippage
Sometimes when in 5th gear at around 2.2k with foot to the floor the revs seem to go up to 2.5k very quickly on the rev counter without any actual increase in speed. Also sometimes happens in 4th but at slightly higher revs but a bit less often, any ideas of what this is anyone?
Thanks given by:
clutch is slipping, will need replacing
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 02:56 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: clutch is slipping, will need replacing

Oh right thanks, I thought clutch slip was mainly at low revs in the higher gears like 1.5k?
Thanks given by:
2k is low revs
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 03:11 PM)Tom Wrote: 2k is low revs

its around 2.2k, for a diesel though i would have said its between low and mid revs, any clutch recommendations? Will most likely go stage 2 mid/end of the year, currently standard and stage 1 in a few weeks
Thanks given by:
Nope, 2.2k will probably be near enough full torque on a standard car
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 03:18 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Nope, 2.2k will probably be near enough full torque on a standard car

Actually yeah i suppose so, im thinking of the 1.6 HDI 112 I used to drive, peak torque was just below 2k.
Ive heard berlingo HDI clutches are slightly better than 306 ones, this true?
Thanks given by:
If going stage 2 then paddle clutch is best bet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah up rated is a must. Not sure whats best though.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 04:01 PM)Tom Wrote: Yeah up rated is a must. Not sure whats best though.

Ok cheers, I think im just gunna save a few hundred quid and get a Luk clutch for £80 delivered and leave it at stage 1 for a while
Thanks given by:
There was a guy who ran a berlingo HDi clutch at over stage 2 power for some time (believe this car was the one JP turned S3)

That said, mine is still on a stock clutch at 270 lbs/ft with no signs of slippage yet.. *touches wood* Although I gave it a decent bedding in initially with a S1 map for a few months, then S2 torque reduced for another month or so, then went full fat. It does seem though that this isn't THAT common, most people who try S2 on a stock clutch destroy it quickly... but that said, I've no idea how 'they' have driven the car
Thanks given by:
I think a lot is about how its bedded in and driven...

Different ball game a bit, but I am on a XUD style clutch, gen valeo, with the 2.1....now Dumdum said it slipped on his immediately, and he had a smaller turbo and 9mm pump, Im on a 11mm and a GT2056 at 1.5bar and its not slipped once yet...what does slip are the wheels!

But I bedded it in and ran it all at 1bar to begin with, and have slowly increased it, and never just bury my foot in at 1500rpm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Depends how agressive the power delivery is tbh.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
^^ it does and i agree but as with Piggy i am using a standard valeo...
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by: