adjustable fuel regsulators

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adjustable fuel regsulators
Any one know what the difference would be running a adjustable fuel reg on fuel IN side and running it on the return side? cheers.
Thanks given by:
XUDs don't have a regulator.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the pump just sucks fuel in, so it needs to be as easy for it to do that as possible.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
i realise they dont have one,ive got one and was wondering what the difference would be on an xud,ive ran it on the return but didnt make much difference if any apart from if i ran it above 20psi it would pop my leak offs off,so was only asking if anyone has run them on either side?

also running facet before fuel pump
Thanks given by:
Have you got an IPP gauge installed?

Any reason you think you need a lift pump?

Are you certain your facet will flow enough gph to keep up with the ve at high rpm, rather than choking it?

Aside from all this, you definitely want a fuel reg before the ve pump if you're running a lift pump of any description, you don't want to be feeding the ve much inlet pressure, circa less than 14psi prob not even that tbh
Thanks given by:
Why on earth would you supply positive pressure to the return side of the pump, no wonder it popped off the leak-offs!!!

I'd highly recommend you do a little research into why this might be a bad idea in terms of playing with the static timing system, there's a few threads on it. There's near enough no gain to be had on anything but the highest tuned engines, especially if the pump is near stock, you're better off spending your time and money on installing some large hose to and from the pump/tank... circa 10+mm...

And renewing the rotors in the vane pump inside, after 100k or so, they're wearing out...

And yes, IPP gauge is a must if you're installing one.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
only asking but if you dont try you will never know!
Thanks given by:
No ones yelling at you, just way better things to spend your money on!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
not saying anyone was bud had to write it quickly so it sounded short,yeah ive got a gauge but need to mount it in car realy,thought i myt need a lift pump as thought these tanks where gravity fed so there for led me to think it wount suck as it should at hi rpm
Thanks given by:
No the boschs have a vane pump, which pressurises the pump creating a low pressure void behind it, that the fuel fills. But basically the pump sucks fuel through on its own, and it does a damn good job of that so stay out its way :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: