pics of my axle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pics of my axle
Right before I take the plunge and buy a second hand axle I have jacked the car up with no obvious problems and no play in either wheel. however I still have an annoying metallic click coming from the rear.

I seen my rh rear mount looked odd compared to the l/h.

l/h
[Image: DSC_1139.jpg]

r/h
[Image: DSC_1137.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1140.jpg]
[Image: cornishmafia.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is this normal
[Image: cornishmafia.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Second pic doesnt look so good. But then rear beams is one thing i have zero experience with, just looks a little to brown for my liking.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Those mounts do look old so could well be clunking, so worth changing first, don;t forget the rear ones as well

Beam wise make sure the trailing arm in parallel to the beam tube, With the seal in good condition, this gives a idea on the beam condition.
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
I guess you could argue that even if you buy a 2nd hand axle, you might want to replace the mounts anyway, so possibly worth trying new mounts on your current axle, then if this doesn't work, get a 2nd hand axle and move the new mounts across to it. How much are mounts these days? Can't remember from when I did mine.
Thanks given by:
do the mounts first
the mount is held together with a pin in a hole when the rubber gets soft or delaminates the pin bumps around in the hole causing the knocking noise
Thanks given by:
If your going to get new mounts don't get the cheap eBay ones I had one where the rubber snapped clean off after a few months.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by: