Fmic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fmic
With all this talk about Fmic, has got me thinking. My zafira diesel has expired and it had a intercooler. Now I understand that if I went stage 2 it would be necessary, however is there a benefit of running one with standard tune? I will be getting a stage 1 at some point. The parts are sitting there costing nothing. Is it worth a shout. Let's hear your thoughts.
Thanks given by:
Its always gonna be better with IMO
I genuinely can't see a downside to using One on a stage 1 car
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You'll get more lag, weight and complexity for little to no power gain. Makes a stage 1 super effcient though. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I would say if you got some of the bits And you want to do it go for it then if you go stage 2 you won't have to worry about doing it
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Keep the piping small and as short as possible to reduce the lag. May aswell if you have most of the bits, its a bit of a ball ache job to do though.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had one on a wrx i had a while ago....it wasn't nice to drive, but the lag was bad, i was very close to putting it back to standard but sold before i did. I'd thought about putting one on this as it hasn't got one at all afaik.

Or if i could....maybe put a small one somewhere, i don't know though, the way i drive i really don't think it'd be worth it
Thanks given by:
On a standard engine a FMIC doesn't really add alot of power, maybe 1 or 2 bhp.

On a stage 1 car it'll add up to about 10bhp (yes really) and will usually mean that it blows clean all the time rather than smoking under certain conditions, it also makes it more efficient and can add a couple of MPG

The downsides are more lag (porportional to the entire volume of the FMIC set up) and more weight as well but this extra weight could be traded off by fitting a slimline fan which is lighter than standard and also removing the air con which is 10-15kg iirc and would completely cancel out the difference.
Thanks given by:
Yea it was standard, someone wanted the looks Rolleyes.....but between a blown h/g and 20mpg taking it easy....i didn't have it long
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies. Interesting about the turbo lag and it needs to be done properly for the best results. However something to think about for when I look at remaps. Will take the bits off the car before I scrap it.
Thanks given by:
I can safely say an intercooler is worth it THEN you can go stage 2 limited torque, makes for a cleaner burning more efficient run and you can have that nice lump of power about 3.5k
Thanks given by: