non start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
non start
Hi all. OK, here we go with this prob. I have a hdi 2001 my problem is that once started it runs fine, as soon as I switch off and start again it will not, have to flick switch again to start. I can only imagine it`s the immobiliser fault(must be) Could I not unplug the immobiliser from the bsi unit, would this bypass the fault. I know which to unplug on bsi. Has anyone else had same? It`s better to have motor running without immobiliser, no security I realise.
Help please it`s done my head in.
Thanks given by:
Flick what switch? If you mean you have to turn the ignition to pos2 a couple of times before trying to start, then it's probably a weak lift pump.

Immobiliser is integral to the ecu, so i'm not sure what you're unplugging, but it isn't the immob lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(17-01-2014, 05:31 PM)Poodle Wrote: Flick what switch? If you mean you have to turn the ignition to pos2 a couple of times before trying to start, then it's probably a weak lift pump.

Immobiliser is integral to the ecu, so i'm not sure what you're unplugging, but it isn't the immob lol.

Thanks for that. Yeah I have to turn ignition to position 2. Will look into lift pump.
Thanks given by:
Could still be an immobiliser issue, but from your description it's too regular a problem to be immob related. I had immob problems and it was completely random - be fine for days at a time, then be difficult a bit, be fine for another day, then refuse to start at all the next.

Where are you based? There might be someone nearby who can swap out your lift pump for a known-good one, would save spending the money before you're sure. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(17-01-2014, 09:16 PM)Poodle Wrote: Could still be an immobiliser issue, but from your description it's too regular a problem to be immob related. I had immob problems and it was completely random - be fine for days at a time, then be difficult a bit, be fine for another day, then refuse to start at all the next.

Where are you based? There might be someone nearby who can swap out your lift pump for a known-good one, would save spending the money before you're sure. Smile

Hi. I`m based in Welshpool nr Shrewsbury. Have seen someone called welshy pete from Wrexham on here,not too far. Cheers
Thanks given by:
Further to my post of 18/01/14 re non start problems, it appears to have been fixed, will find out tomorrow morning. The reason it appears was using spare key, it must of not recognised it in the ignition. I simply took chip out of spare key and put in in key fob. No more lock/unlock with key now. It has started six times now with no probs. The story here is make sure you don`t loose the chip out of fob if changing battery in same.
Whoever suggested it was the lift pump, you where wrong mate. My senses told me it was key related.
Thanks given by:
Could we get this merged with the original thread please, cheers. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 06:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: Could we get this merged with the original thread please, cheers. Smile

How do I merge it with original thread. Thanks
Thanks given by:
You ask a Moderator like me to merge them for you. Wink

Please keep it to one thread though mate, i will remove the other one so people don't get confused. Wink

EDIT: Having looked through your previous threads, i see you do seem to have a couple of duplicate threads. In future, rather than starting a new thread, could you just update the original if you feel it needs further replies. Thanks. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 06:57 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: You ask a Moderator like me to merge them for you. Wink

Please keep it to one thread though mate, i will remove the other one so people don't get confused. Wink

EDIT: Having looked through your previous threads, i see you do seem to have a couple of duplicate threads. In future, rather than starting a new thread, could you just update the original if you feel it needs further replies. Thanks. Smile
Thank you Mr Moderator. I am wise to the do`s and don't`s now. All help from yourself is appreciated. Cheers
Thanks given by:
lol No worries mate, we are here to help and advise, not just to ban people and delete spam. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by: