Engine mounts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine mounts
Weren't sure to put this one, anywayssss

I've recently had a set of baker BM engine mounts fitted to my hdi and it does feel a lot more responsive and better through the gear changes but anything below 2k revs and everything rattles like a mudaf*cker and I can't be dealing with it anymore Tongue
Would it help if I got the lower engine mount changed to a powerflex one?
Thanks in advance Smile
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
That's the problem with stiffer mounts on a diesel lol....don't think you'll get round it!
Thanks given by:
Moved to HDi section, I reckon you'll get the best response there Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks Liam, weren't sure where to put it lol
So Tom will putting a lower powerflex one on not help? As the baker BM one does live it to it's name and it is proper solid lol. Instead of the engine moving the whole car does now lol
Thanks given by:
you just have to embrace the vibrations Smile
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2014, 11:18 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: you just have to embrace the vibrations Smile

I don't want the whole car falling apart though Tongue
It's not race car enough to justify the mounts lol
What set up you got on yours? I though you had baker BM ones with a powerflex lower mount?
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2014, 11:20 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote:
(19-01-2014, 11:18 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: you just have to embrace the vibrations Smile

What set up you got on yours? I though you had baker BM ones with a powerflex lower mount?

Baker BM top and gearbox + a new genuine peugeot/citroen bottom turned 90degree
Thanks given by:
Come back with a solid fork mount bush and solid lower aswell! Vibrates like f*ck, its great i think lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2014, 11:25 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(19-01-2014, 11:20 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote:

Baker BM top and gearbox + a new genuine peugeot/citroen bottom turned 90degree

Does that help with the vibrations?? Lol

(19-01-2014, 11:37 PM)Tom Wrote: Come back with a solid fork mount bush and solid lower aswell! Vibrates like f*ck, its great i think lol

Oooooh nah can't be dealing with that, I turn my sub up to drown out the vibrations but I don't want to be deaf anytime soon Tongue + I don't think the in laws agree with the noise in there culdesac ahaa
Thanks given by:
Changing the lower one in theory should help. How much it will help im not sure as you will still have two solid ones. Theres a thread about the quality of the power flex ones though, might want to look at either oem fitted at 90* or the vibra technix one.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 09:06 AM)PE02KHG Wrote: Changing the lower one in theory should help. How much it will help im not sure as you will still have two solid ones. Theres a thread about the quality of the power flex ones though, might want to look at either oem fitted at 90* or the vibra technix one.

Cheers for that, I will have a gander see what I can find Smile
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure its the bottom engine mount that takes the majority of the torque when you stick your foot down, and stops your engine wanting to rotate instead of drive the wheels Smile
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't fit the powerflex lower one if i was you, not until they have redesigned it ( which they are looking at doing)

I have got the vibra technics lower one fitted now, and there is a litle vibration but the 3 powerflex ones i had fitted and all split used to vibrate ( but that was probably because it was falling apart )

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-19594.html
Thanks given by:
Personally for fast road, get a genuine pug one and get it pressed in rotated!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
What is this business of pressing it in 90°?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Press it in 90 degrees out from normal, so the thicker bits of rubber in the mount are facing forward and back, when you look at a standard mount you will know what i mean.
Thanks given by:
Looks like they were pressed in at the factory in comfort mode, and that sucks, if you turn them they will become alot more rigid to the engine swinging around. Im sure someone has a picture to explain it better lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Theres two gaps in the mount, if you mount the part of the rubber that is attached at both ends longitudinally you'll be winning!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I get what you mean alright
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know how much the standard top engine mount differs to baker bm top engine mount?

If I were to run a standard gearbox mount and standard lower would it cause much more vibration?
Thanks given by:
Man up and do it Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brands of Engine Mounts? JTaylor2005 27 3,843 02-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: ADV_93