Moving out (or rather...back)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving out (or rather...back)
Just thought I'd share..

I'm moving back home with my mum and dad in 6 weeks.

After all of my moaning threads regarding debt repayments and trying to get by in privately rented accommodation I've decided to move back in with my mum and dad.

It's taken a lot of persuading, as it's kind of demoralising coming to the sudden realisation that without drastic action you aren't getting on the property ladder - or out of debt - any time soon.

Should be a laugh. Perks are - save £1200 a month, which can be paid off of my debt (£4k total) and mum and dad have a reasonably large house so we still have 2 rooms and our own bathroom. My mum is disabled so the latest motability car is what we call a 'pope-mobile' ie a Peugeot Partner with a ramp, this is a bit of a squeeze in the garage so guess who's been given permission to use that? Hehe!

It will be a struggle I'm sure, but it will be nice to have money in my pocket again and be out of the red. Long-term plan is to get a deposit together (£8k I'm thinking - minimum) and the fees which go with it, so we can get a mortgage on a place locally.

So I'll still be kicking the 306 for the forseeable (catastrophic failure pending...) hence the interest in replacing the rear beam and cambelt this year. Oh, and lowering it incognito-style!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
It's a good move when you are in the crap. Save all that money you saving and don't spend it and you will be debt free soon enough.
I paid off over £10,000 in a year whilst working at my old job and it feels good when it's all gone.
Thanks given by:
I feel for you mate i've often thought about going back to my mums for a bit to clear some debt.

hope everything works out for you
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it's the right thing for you mate, I couldn't do it mind. Got kicked out at 18, never looked back, best ting I ever did but it doesn't work for everyone.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Sensible decision, you wont regret it each time you take chunk out of the debt!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Yeah its a lot of money to save living with parents. I'd be doing it if it wouldn't mean a 5 hour commute each day
Thanks given by:
I gotta say mate it is one of the hardest things going moving back into your parents house after living on your own mate, it'll kill you but its a great incentive to get a deposit saved up.

Don't think you'll manage to save £1200 or even a grand a month without seriously trying, i found it incredibly hard as the first few months you'll just buy a load of stuff you have been struggling to afford while away from home.

Get as much of a deposit as possible and remember that houses over 125k pay stamp duty, My seller just wouldnt go down to 125k so paying an extra 2500 actually cost me 3775.

Get your mums garage stocked with stuff youll need for your own place too like cooker sofa and washing machine if you dont have them
Thanks given by:
My partner and I moved in with her mum and step dad in July. We are paying off debt from my partners previous marriage and wanting to save for a house. Debt is paid off this month. And we will have 10k saved by end of August so looking to do the help to buy scheme
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Citizens advice helped me sort all my debt problems! Smile i would highly recommend seeing them!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving fag charger location Mac22 7 1,688 24-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Mac22
  House moving cost cpikey316_ 22 4,687 30-07-2016, 06:20 AM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  Maybe moving.... to Stroud! Anyone local? cpikey316_ 5 3,319 29-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_