eml light on after a quick drive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eml light on after a quick drive!
went out did around 10 miles round some twisty roads (revs above 3k) went round a 90 deg bend sharpish eml light came on limp mode sounded like a tractor . Got home left it 15mins starts runs fine eml still on (ill get the codes switch the light off in the morning) id just put fuel in at my local station over 1/4 tank in anybody any ideas?? andy
Thanks given by:
Was it a right-hand bend by any chance?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
lol yes *it was a right hand 90 deg 30 mph corner) p0230 code coming up cleared the code now seems fine is it the pump in tank goosed or fuel pump relay iffy??? thanks andy

Well ive cleaned (with conntact cleaner then plus gassed them)and made sure evey connection is tight around the engine bay checked the brown carter relay behind the ecu (cleaned that too) checked the in tank pump a dozen times it seems to be making all the right noises makes a light buzzing every time ign is turned too the 2 position starts every time only thing now would be fpr frps to check any ideas why its done this poodle ?? andy
Thanks given by:
Yes, and you'll laugh when i tell you. Unless you're not as sad as me, of course... Confused

I read between the lines a bit there and assumed you were out for a good b-road thrash. When you're smashing it through the gears at full throttle the engine obviously draws more fuel, but normally this is all well within the capabilities of the pump. Now, when you hit a right-hand corner particularly hard the g-forces mean all the fuel fecks off to the left-hand side of the tank, the problem with that being the lift pump is in the right-hand side of the tank... This means the pump is briefly starved of fuel, rail pressure drops as a result, and bingo - lumpy running/cuts out and p0230 fuel pressure code.

Used to happen to me all the time until i worked it out, easiest way to avoid it is to just put at least half a tank in before you go for a serious drive. So yeah, don't worry about looking for a bigger problem, because you'll most likely be wasting your time and money. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
cheers for that poodle best put more fuel in when i want to floor it (or go stage 2 lol) the thought had entered my head as im a tight git and only ever put £10 £20 at a time again thankd ill just have too wait and see if i cock it up again andy
Thanks given by:
Haha fair, no problem. Smile

Just an fyi, regularly running the pump dry is said to kill it in fairly short order. Although that said i think i made mine cut out in a similar fashion at least 50 times during mpg testing and random thrashing, and mine's still fine at 130k miles, so....
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
killed a rover 75 intank pump in 15mins running the tank dry took the pump apart the commutator on the small elec motor wasnt a lump of copper it was sprayed on around 5 microns thick shows that the diesel was lubing the motor 15 mind of runnin dry wasted it lol
Thanks given by:
Lol nice, that'll do it!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: