F*CKING GEARBOX..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F*CKING GEARBOX..
Wel changing to clutch on the dturbo, got the passenger driveshaft out, drivers side is being a right c word..
I know there is 2 driveshaft bolts that have to be rotated, which i have done, but no avail.. its still in there.

Also, anyone know how many bolts should be holding the gearbox to the engine? i've managed to find and remove 6 so far.
Thanks given by:
you will find one at the bottom near the back pointing towards the box. I no this one is a allan key head
Thanks given by:
is that the one that the head of the bolt is pointing towards the bulkhead?
Thanks given by:
no, its pointing towards the right side.
Thanks given by:
You will find that ones next to the where the drive shaft gos in. the one your looking for it lower down. The head of the bolt is pointing towards the engine
Thanks given by:
alright i'll have a look, anyone shed any light why the drivers side driveshaft isnt budging either?
Thanks given by:
My old one, we removed the lower mount it goes through, and when off the car, a good 30 minutes with a sledge hammer just about budged it.

don't forget to remove the top pin on the clutch lever arm to give you that little bit more leverage on the g.box ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
The middle bearing on these can be difficult to shift, particularly if it hasn't been disturbed before. If you have the hockey stick bolts rotated and everything else clear, then a cold chisel and lump hammer should shift it eventually, but it can be hard work.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
i've just left the fecker on, its not budging lol. and the clutch arm pin has already been removed lol
box is almost out now, thank feck..
Thanks given by:
When box is off get a peice of wood on the end of the driveshaft and give it a smack with the hammer

Grease the bearing up with copper grease or something like

Best to get it out now and grease it up while it's easier to get out be good practice for if it needs to come out again
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
well it still isnt out... its totally pissing me off lol, the drivers side drive shaft, is still in, and is the only thing that is stopping the gearbox coming out.. here comes the sledge at 11:20... lol
Thanks given by:
Blimey sounds like a right farce!

Only four bolts holding the box on - three go in one way screwing into the block, and the bottom one at the back goes in the opposite way screwing into the box

Driveshaft sometimes takes a knock with a hammer and punch to move the intermediate bearing if its a bit seized, but shouldn't hold the box on as its going in the opposite direction and won't be fighting it if you're pulling the box off.

Hope you've got something supporting it, they're not light and you don't want it suddenly dropping on any part of you if it suddenly decides to let go!
Thanks given by:
Keep rotating the shaft then beat the f*ck out of it with a sledge and block of wood on the coupling Big Grin
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just used a punch and a lump hammer on the intermediate bearing and out it came.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2014, 10:51 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: When box is off get a peice of wood on the end of the driveshaft and give it a smack with the hammer

This
Thanks given by:
You rotated the two bolts enough? Or maybe one has fallen back into place ?
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Even if it has fallen back in the shaft will move a little bit, will be seized in and need to do as I said above
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I ended up pulling the box off with that drive shaft still in place! then smacked the end of it, it soon come out Big Grin. Not recommended if you like your car Big Grin
Thanks given by: