Clutch arrived!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch arrived!
Well the clutch has finally arrived, hoping to fit it soon!

[Image: u6atety3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
From CG? How much if you don't mind me asking?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Was £300 delivered to northern Ireland bud, friction plate, preasure plate & bearing
Thanks given by:
The car will be rightly transformed when you get it in, be fit to run your map properly then
Thanks given by:
Ayee buzzing to get it in to unleash the torque thats been held back!

For anyone who doesnt know ive had to have my stage 2 reduced to ~ 185 ftlb @ 3250 rpm and it still slips, pain in the neck!

Will be a new motor with this in
Thanks given by:
Let us know how you get on with it, be good to see cg finally produce a decent clutch for the hdi.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Need to get a run in this after it's in! Then I can get the same clutch if I like it haha
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Clutch is in as of last night, only set back was one of the bearings on the end of driveshaft popped itself out, nasty enough picking roller bearings out of cv grease lol.

Bearing in mind my map is limited torque, there is no slip at all.

Car is so much nicer to drive, really proves james mapping is good as its nice and smooth hard pull, right to thd limiter.

Clutch is a littlw snatchy but its great, nothing to really worry about. Pedal is the same as before if not lighter (didnt change the Inserts in the fork in box nor did I change the cable or even grease the inside of the bearing, so this will be the probable cause).

The grip couldn't be beat, up and downshifts are brilliant! Well recommended so far.
Thanks given by:
Sounds good bet you can't wait for the full torque map now. I hate that with the shaft make sure you get all the bearings I left 3 out as I couldnt find them at the time and a week later the shaft locked at an angle whilst driving.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Was nearly sure I got them all out, guess ill not know till it locks on me lol!

Put my cv joint on the new shaft but I think its knocking, not 100% sure though
Thanks given by: