10w40 oil in 1.6 206 hdi?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10w40 oil in 1.6 206 hdi?
Just wondering whether it will be ok to put this oil in? Doing a service on my sisters car so thought it would be ok?
Thanks given by:
I've heard that the 1.6 HDi's are very very fussy when it comes to oil, if it's too thick it can f*ck the turbo as it's blocks the pipes, stick to the recommended grade of oil IMO
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above, this is half the reason the dv6 engines have a bad rep - people putting the wrong oil in then the turbo shits itself.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So 5/30 then? Just euro car parts said 5/30 or 10/40

Also we have a bottle of 5/30 fully at work but it says it's for fords and volvos? Surely 5/30 is all the same?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/store...&langId=-1

Would this be ok?
Thanks given by:
From what I've seen online, 5/40 fully synth is what's required

Apparently it's good practice to replace the turbo oil pickup gauze often too, these clog leaving the turbo starved of oil = expensive bill
Thanks given by:
what he said^^^
5w/40 synthetic for this country
10w/40 semi is for hot climates which the uk is not!
also more regular oil changes than the recomended 12k
Thanks given by:
Every 10k is what i keep seeing people recommending online, you may also find that doing a de-egr will make your oil/engine last longer
Thanks given by:
I thought ford/volvo recommended 5w30 when the engine is in their cars. My best mate is running a dv6 thats been mapped for over 50k and always serviced by ford with no issues.
Thanks given by:
At work we put Total 5w30 in that we get from Peugeot as that's what they recommend
Thanks given by:
So are we going with 5/40?

Think I'll stick the 5/30 in thanks guys!
Thanks given by:
i was stating what autodata recomends Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's odd that, autodata is usually spot on. 5w30 fully synth is definitely whats recommemded by pretty much everyone else though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: