97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
This is so weird :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
swapped out the injectors this morning and bypassed fuel housing still no different

got a feeling it could be something bad
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
Thanks given by:
Have you checked the intank strainer? Have a check of the battery voltage whilst its running, i honestly dont a have a clue but anything off you find could help work it out.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
started to remove the strainer but then got pissed off and went indoors for a bit

i drove it home and under acceleration i can hear some really weird knocking. i think its f*cked to be honest
Thanks given by:
u tried advancing pump abit
Thanks given by:
Maybe you've dropped a pre cup.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
im not to bothered anymore just going to get another one just annoying that its broke so quickly
Thanks given by:
I had the exact same issue with an old espace (except for theb3 cylinder feeling). It was air ingress. Was a sod to find where, just started replacing bits in the end, turned out to be fuel primer (plunger type). Was fine cold but almost stalled when idling, very rough under 2k with puffs of smoke out the back.
And no you don't need to bleed your injectors
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2014, 02:36 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: I've seen similar symptoms from an air leak on the fuel feed side - fine under load with the revs up, intermittently hestitating on light throttle cruise, not at all happy after coming off the throttle nor at idle, often cutting out and needing re-priming to allow it to start again.

It wasn't my car and I didn't do the repair so I can't confirm exactly what the issue was, but certainly you could see air bubbles in the fuel line at idle and I know that a badly perished rubber fuel hose was at least part of the problem. Best guess from what I know is that the engine movement as you came on and off the power was in turn moving the fuel pipe and allowing air to enter the fuel lines.

It was Paul_13 on here's 205 NAD so he might be able to offer more insight on what the eventual problem(s) were - I was just the poor sod doing him a favour driving it 50 miles back to his house...

Big Grin forgot about that.

That turned out to be a combination of perished fuel hoses and the primer housing letting in shit loads of air. Wasn't a happy bunny
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RE: Low idle... constantly cutting out ------ FIXED!!!! :D Adam.M.Penny 28 6,675 07-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Adam.M.Penny