K14 efficiency/ boost pressure question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K14 efficiency/ boost pressure question
Can anyone tell me (or point me to another thread if it's been covered) at what boost pressure the standard K14 starts to just generate hot air and not improve performance?

I don't want to be running the turbo pointlessly hard but I'm pretty sure I can convince myself that the higher the boost pressure the faster the car feels. It's currently running about 24psi on the standard top mount, boost just controlled by fuelling. Can turn it up to run higher but don't want to needlessly destroy anything if there are no real gains.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
On a top mount mate I would say no... around 22 psi is what I have noticed people run on here some with front mount some without.... if your still on standard rods I wouldn't want to be pushing it much more anyway unless reliabilty is not an issue...

Hope this helps
Thanks given by:
my k14 is about 22-24psi and kicks out the power shown below in my sig, wouldn't go much higher myself, think it's about right . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ideal, thanks. Will fit front mount before the warmer weather to keep temps down a bit but don't plan to change turbo until the rods are done now. Have probably just been reading too much on here but this is my sensible car so don't really want to break it.
Thanks given by:
What rod shall i run with k14 turbo??
Thanks given by:
Whats rod?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Con rods.... Im picking one up this week as mine has gone but dont know if i would have to change the rods around
Thanks given by:
Your picking up one what because your what has gone? Where has it gone? You dont need to change the conrods... People do because xud ones are weak. But you dont have to.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
My turbo has blown up, and picking up a k14 turbo soon, and what rods will i have to change to the hdi rods?
Thanks given by:
Hdi rods are no sure thing either. They are a bit stronger and a bit bigger but tbh i doubt your going to have any issues, its only a K14.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
No need for any internal engine mods. Fire on your new turbo & enjoy it.
Thanks given by:
On a lucas pump whats the reconmened boost psi i should run on the k14 with fmic?
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2014, 12:05 AM)colzyxx Wrote: On a lucas pump whats the reconmened boost psi i should run on the k14 with fmic?

Its not that simple really, as a ballpark I'd say 20-25psi...Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Im just new to the 306 tuning trying to get advice haha, was running stnadard turbo at 19psi and now the turbo went bamg ooops!!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tuning for fuel efficiency blinkyeatu 34 6,992 18-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Boost compensator question... JayDub 1 1,131 30-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo
  quick boost gauge question no2lurch 5 2,010 28-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lolben91