Dash Squeak....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dash Squeak....
Ok.. Random one....got a 306 hdi with a highly irritating dash squeak..it seems to come from the left side under the dash somewhere..and weirdly turning left seems to stop it, going straight with no steering strain at all seems to make it worse and steering right often makes it worse.. Anyone got any ideas what it is thats making the noise before I start tearing the dash apart Wink its driving me mad and its not even my car...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
i had this exact issue. never did find the problem ended up turning the radio up Sad
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
I had this. Turned out to be a tiny bit of plastic under the glove box that had been bent and was rubbing on the metal bar that goes along the bottom of the glove box nearest to the centre console. I just cut it off as it wasn't doing anything and problem solved Smile

Btw don't you know what area this should be in? :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Your.not on about.sqeaky blower motor? Mine does this
Maybe not but ...
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fix it with builders foam haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2014, 05:27 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Your.not on about.sqeaky blower motor? Mine does this
Maybe not but ...

Thats another good point. If the bearings are gone, they can speak around corners and don't forget on PH3s, the fan is running constantly even when its supposedly off.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I assumed 306's were factory fitted with these??
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
fan for sure innit?.. maybe if it wasnt ticking over the whole time it wouldnt wear out ....
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2014, 07:06 PM)shaverspeedengineering Wrote: fan for sure innit?.. maybe if it wasnt ticking over the whole time it wouldnt wear out ....

By its design it will always wear out. The bearings in them are shite and they spin constantly to try and stop the car misting up even when the recirc is on...not that it works well mind!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(13-01-2014, 05:23 PM)Niall Wrote: I had this. Turned out to be a tiny bit of plastic under the glove box that had been bent and was rubbing on the metal bar that goes along the bottom of the glove box nearest to the centre console. I just cut it off as it wasn't doing anything and problem solved Smile

Btw don't you know what area this should be in? :p

Will have a look see....and sorry yeah...this is why i hate tonnes of sub forums because i never know where to put things, I just hit "new posts" i never look in separate forums, hence never see the need for them Wink

(13-01-2014, 05:27 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Your.not on about.sqeaky blower motor? Mine does this
Maybe not but ...

This possibly is the case, and this is what I thought it was acaully when i first drove the thing...as it seemed to increase with fan speed, or at least I thought it does, and then other day it didnt seem to, I will re check this as this is what i orignally thought it was, whats the fix if so? Can the bearings be oiled in situ? Cant remember if the fan drops out the bottom on the 306 or do you have to pulls the whole lot out like doing the matrix?

Any fix is considered as it really does drive me nuts...

My car is stripped bare, and theres all kinds of noies left right and center, but the loud pipe / boost means it dosnt matter, this thing is dead quiet and oem inside, and the constant sqeak drives you to drink!!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
If its the motor, i did a guide on quietening them down. It will never be a permanent fix as once the bearings are shot, there shot but it is quite a long term fix.
The motor drops out the bottom. Unplug the plug and 3x T20 screws iirc
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
builds twin turbo super charged car... cant fix dash squeak D:
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2014, 07:13 PM)SRowell Wrote: builds twin turbo super charged car... cant fix dash squeak D:

lmao repped!

I'm sure squeks are the bane of all peugeot owners lives!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
My blower also squeaks when i turn right, but as said, i just turn the stereo up. lol Thats where my bet lies though, and will also be interested in the options for fixing! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-1478.htm...ower+motor
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Cheers Niall much appreiciated, Thought it did drop out the bottom!

Haha i might be able to sqeeze 3 blowers under one bonnet and make it catch, and put 60psi down its throat, but shit like this normally gets torn out with a chainsaw / pry bar if it plays up, or often before that even happens, so the thought of having to "fix an issue that isnt effecting power output" is quite new to me!

Thanks for advice all around, is there no way of stopping the fan running constantly, its the most rediculas idea ever? Ph1 FTFW!!!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
That's what Dave did with his - put a switch in to literally turn off the entire climate control job - to stop the fans constantly turning and to stop the little heated wire sensor in the roof from buzzing... I'll bet you though if you opened up the box and removed the end track where the fan rests at 0, it'd stop it turning.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: