XUD TDT- Status = SELLING ALL THE BITS.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD TDT- Status = SELLING ALL THE BITS.
(27-01-2014, 10:57 PM)Mitch Wrote: I think stock torque is 145 ft/lbs could be wrong though..

Sweet jesus.. Confused
...85cc Petrol 0 Doors... - ...135MPG... - ...£17 Tax...
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 11:05 PM)TallGuySmallBike Wrote:
(27-01-2014, 10:57 PM)Mitch Wrote: I think stock torque is 145 ft/lbs could be wrong though..

Sweet jesus.. Confused

Just had a quick look on parkers, they say 197nm, which is 145 ft/lbs Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 11:10 PM)Mitch Wrote:
(27-01-2014, 11:05 PM)TallGuySmallBike Wrote:

Sweet jesus.. Confused

Just had a quick look on parkers, they say 197nm, which is 145 ft/lbs Smile

i'm going to strip a 306 gearbox. measure some internals. compare it for shaft dia. compare teeth on gears for overall strength comapred to a 1.2l motorbike one. time will tell Undecided
Thanks given by:
It may well not be the torque that destroys it as such, but how low down that torque is.. bike engines rev to like 13k, you'll be getting max torque at like 2.2krpm in a 1.9 XUD
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the FJ is quite torquey down low for a bike. And like James said, they use the FJ1200 motors for drag bikes with 30+ PSI boost.
Thanks given by:
Aren't you going to need some crazy long final drive to even make use of a bike gearbox?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 09:43 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Aren't you going to need some crazy long final drive to even make use of a bike gearbox?

I'm not sure yet. thats why i wish to take a look see Itwasntme

If its to much of a ball bust i will just not bother lol
Thanks given by:
If it is a ball buster, then just man the f*ck up and learn to shift with a car shifter lol
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 08:15 PM)Dean Wrote: If it is a ball buster, then just man the f*ck up and learn to shift with a car shifter lol

Its not the case of "manning the f*ck up" .... Its the case of i am a lazy rider... or in this case. driver. Exclamation
Thanks given by:
thats true, have you got a pump and injectors sorted?
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 08:41 PM)Dean Wrote: thats true, have you got a pump and injectors sorted?

heck no. lmao

Doing the frame/wheels ect first.

PAINT! Kaboom!... Yeah.. downloading inventor again now lmao (Autocad type thingy)

[attachment=13162]

I have no f*cking idea what i am doing...Nospeak
Thanks given by:
Parts coming SUNDAY!
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 08:58 PM)TallGuySmallBike Wrote:
(28-01-2014, 08:41 PM)Dean Wrote: thats true, have you got a pump and injectors sorted?

heck no. lmao

Doing the frame/wheels ect first.

PAINT! Kaboom!... Yeah.. downloading inventor again now lmao (Autocad type thingy)

I have no f*cking idea what i am doing...Nospeak

That's really good for paint
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can i ask what you're doing for a handbrake?.. or just gonna leave it in gear lol
Thanks given by:
Why do you need a handbrake, even a a 306 doesn't have one
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 10:08 PM)Dean Wrote: Can i ask what you're doing for a handbrake?.. or just gonna leave it in gear lol

Needs it to pass the check test.

Back wheel will have a disk, one large caliper for the actual braking.
Smaller one off flea bay (cable operated) and have a lever somewhere in the cab

I Could be fancy as f*ck and use a hydraulic set up for it lol. (motorbike caliper + master) Sleepy

1. Hazards are a retro-fit must for all trikes.

2. Handbrake - A trike must have a seperate mechanical handbrake which must operate as follows:-

If the trike is under 450kg and therefore a Class 3 MOT, then the handbrake must operate on at least ONE wheel of the axle.

If the trike is over 450kg and therefore a Class 4 MOT, then the handbrake must operate on BOTH wheels of the axle.
(the assumption being that a mechanical emergency/parking/handbrake operates on the rear axle)

3. Headlights
For all trikes over 50cc and capable of more than 45mph

Trikes over 1300mm wide must have 2 headlamps at the front.
Unless they are motorcycle derived - in which case they only need 2 headlamps if over 1700mm wide.

The tester's interperatation of "motorcycle derived" is:-

that if a trike has a car engine/gearbox/rearaxle and car like controls such as hand gearcghange then it is car derived (no matter where the front steering originates) then the 1300mm rule applies.
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 09:33 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: It may well not be the torque that destroys it as such, but how low down that torque is.. bike engines rev to like 13k, you'll be getting max torque at like 2.2krpm in a 1.9 XUD

It'll be the shock loadings, and the torque pulses from a diesel (lets face it, they ain't up there on the list of smooth powerplants)
Shock is what kills gearboxes and shafts more than anything, that's why the gears we use in the buggy are over an inch wide even though they're made from decent stuff.
That's also why the drag bikes tend to strip the gearkit out and fit 3 really damned big gears instead of the stock 6.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 10:32 PM)TallGuySmallBike Wrote:
(30-01-2014, 10:08 PM)Dean Wrote: Can i ask what you're doing for a handbrake?.. or just gonna leave it in gear lol

I Could be fancy as f*ck and use a hydraulic set up for it lol. (motorbike caliper + master) Sleepy

2. Handbrake - A trike must have a seperate mechanical handbrake which must operate as follows:-

If the trike is under 450kg and therefore a Class 3 MOT, then the handbrake must operate on at least ONE wheel of the axle.

If the trike is over 450kg and therefore a Class 4 MOT, then the handbrake must operate on BOTH wheels of the axle.
(the assumption being that a mechanical emergency/parking/handbrake operates on the rear axle)

3. Headlights

Unless they are motorcycle derived - in which case they only need 2 headlamps if over 1700mm wide.

that if a trike has a car engine/gearbox/rearaxle and car like controls such as hand gearcghange then it is car derived (no matter where the front steering originates) then the 1300mm rule applies.

Rear calipers off the gti,s have cable operated handbrake, sure the 106's + 206's are the same. Tbh most are probs like that now.

Headlights aren't a problem really, can get some like off your old FJ and just mount some switches to some Perspex.

And if it has a car engine + gearbox with car controls does It still count as a trike? Or is there a set of guidelines for that.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 11:59 PM)Dean Wrote:
(30-01-2014, 10:32 PM)TallGuySmallBike Wrote:

3. Headlights

Rear calipers off the gti,s have cable operated handbrake, sure the 106's + 206's are the same. Tbh most are probs like that now.

Headlights aren't a problem really, can get some like off your old FJ and just mount some switches to some Perspex.

And if it has a car engine + gearbox with car controls does It still count as a trike? Or is there a set of guidelines for that.

I never said they would be a problem Dodgy lmao

it wont need to be mega power on the brake since its under 450kg.

its a different class of trike. but i can still drive it (yet people with car licences cant) hahahaha

(30-01-2014, 11:07 PM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(28-01-2014, 09:33 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: It may well not be the torque that destroys it as such, but how low down that torque is.. bike engines rev to like 13k, you'll be getting max torque at like 2.2krpm in a 1.9 XUD

It'll be the shock loadings, and the torque pulses from a diesel (lets face it, they ain't up there on the list of smooth powerplants)
Shock is what kills gearboxes and shafts more than anything, that's why the gears we use in the buggy are over an inch wide even though they're made from decent stuff.
That's also why the drag bikes tend to strip the gearkit out and fit 3 really damned big gears instead of the stock 6.

Got any pics on the buggy/gearbox? ect?
Lets face it. the way i am thinking of doing probs wont work. but I'm still keeping a spare gear box (a normal one that will probs go on first) and just tinkering on with trying to make a seggy lmao
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20120417_180916.jpg]
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Beastly.... lmao

1.25" bore/shaft ?
Thanks given by:
It varies from ~32 to 40mm depending on the gear position. It undercuts down to 25mm at 5th gear so we can't use 5th at all Sad
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 06:06 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: It varies from ~32 to 40mm depending on the gear position. It undercuts down to 25mm at 5th gear so we can't use 5th at all Sad

5th's for cruising Ed doesn't do that!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I'm still ripping apart some gear boxes. fun to be had. lmao

Also need to get my hands on a tube notcher. ..I'v got a lend of a hydraulic pipe bender (capable of 2" ish.. )
Anyone selling/loaning? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Tube notcher, i have no idea what one of them are, and whos is the pipe bender?

Did you manage to get autocad sorted out?
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 08:07 PM)Dean Wrote: Tube notcher, i have no idea what one of them are, and whos is the pipe bender?

Did you manage to get autocad sorted out?

Puts a inverted radiut type cut on the end on a pipe at straight/ fancy angles
Mute it.. annoying voice lol . I could make one.. but would have to stick more time into it and i just cba. Undecided

as for Inventor...

Getting there Itwasntme got most of the frame done.. but even then its nothing like the final frame probs.. since i don't know engine size hight.width.. mount placements ect.. Might just do a rough model. stress test it then build by eye since i f*cking hate planning thing.. were is the fun in that. lmao

Pipe bender is martins Exclamation had one all along.. got the engine crain too. (might bolt a H beam to the garage roof joist Big Grin ????) and attach a winch.. would save my bank hoisting the fj engine in my self lol
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 08:07 PM)Dean Wrote: Tube notcher, i have no idea what one of them are,

Man with an angle grinder.
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 09:18 PM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(31-01-2014, 08:07 PM)Dean Wrote: Tube notcher, i have no idea what one of them are,

Man with an angle grinder.

God no lmao I dont have the patience .. I'd end up throwing it around the garage... as per. Blush
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure JTF sell an automatic hoist for £74.
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 09:44 PM)Dean Wrote: Pretty sure JTF sell an automatic hoist for £74.

74 quid? fheck off. rather lift it with my nut sack.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wolf-1-Ton-1-T...41748d9bb5
Thanks given by: