XUD TDT- Status = SELLING ALL THE BITS.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD TDT- Status = SELLING ALL THE BITS.
(01-03-2014, 06:15 PM)Grant Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 07:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: ...and surely a gearbox isnt 40kg?!

Have you ever changed a clutch?! lol

Yeah a number of times, on my own, on a gravel drive.

And Im only 55kg, not the biggest of guys and didnt struggle
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
6 speed box is definately over 40kg, the 5 speed is about 3-4kg lighter at most. Obviously not including flywheel or clutch weights.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 12:21 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 06:15 PM)Grant Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 07:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: ...and surely a gearbox isnt 40kg?!

Have you ever changed a clutch?! lol

Yeah a number of times, on my own, on a gravel drive.

And Im only 55kg, not the biggest of guys and didnt struggle

I will weigh the gearbox next time i get in the garage Tongue
...85cc Petrol 0 Doors... - ...135MPG... - ...£17 Tax...
Thanks given by:
Think the box weighs 38kg I have been told as I was posting one and the courier wouldn't take over 40kg
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Front end is slowly coming together
Once i tac weld the frame. Wishbones are next.

Thanks given by:
Your missing a trick with that back wheel. weld a sprocket to one of the shafts and have 3 wheel drive
Thanks given by:
Err, just looking at your bushes for the pivots - why have you got no crush tubes?
You're not going to just try to let it pivot on the bolt are you?!

And be very careful using the outer rose joints in shear like that, generally they need to be very oversized to last as the stress concentration across the thread root means the fatigue rate is insane.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 09:02 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Your missing a trick with that back wheel. weld a sprocket to one of the shafts and have 3 wheel drive

Thought about it.. the torque+added load might just snap the chain lol

(12-03-2014, 09:08 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Err, just looking at your bushes for the pivots - why have you got no crush tubes?
You're not going to just try to let it pivot on the bolt are you?!

And be very careful using the outer rose joints in shear like that, generally they need to be very oversized to last as the stress concentration across the thread root means the fatigue rate is insane.

True on the rose joints, I don't mind altering at a later date.
If you saw the 1.25" Tube i used to demonstrate the fittings for the bushes. its reamed to 25mm, Sliding fit for the bosses that are threaded for the rose joints. I forgot to show it, but they are getting welded on and the boss with slide in. so i can swap it out for a larger drilled/threaded boss. if needed. (probs will now Tongue )
Quick pic :: [Image: 1969368_10151943486127274_994319064_n.jpg]

as for the bushings sleeves, I can sharp stick the bushes back in the lathe. just for now i wanna make sure its going to work. I was going to Drill and tap one side of the brackets M10. Through hole on the other side. so i could side the bolt in.. nip it up snug then put a lock nut on. that way it SHOULD NOT.. need a sleeve (I say that but if it doesnt work.. Thats my problem Tongue ) lol...

Cheers for pointing out the rose joint though
Thanks given by:
You'll need a sleeve, as soon as the bush grabs the joint it'll spin or bend the bolt, and that's not even accounting for any debris or surface corrosion, if you don't have a sleeve that you can torque the bolt up against, your end plates are nowhere near as stiff as they could be and you also have no good way of controlling the end float on the bush without them binding.
Thanks given by:
Sleeves it is then! Lol cheers
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 09:32 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: You'll need a sleeve, as soon as the bush grabs the joint it'll spin or bend the bolt, and that's not even accounting for any debris or surface corrosion, if you don't have a sleeve that you can torque the bolt up against, your end plates are nowhere near as stiff as they could be and you also have no good way of controlling the end float on the bush without them binding.

Right, Redrilled the bushes 1/2".
I had some 1/2" tube that I drilled out to 10mm (reamed)
Did them 56.1mm long, The bosses with bushes installed are 56mm to prevent over tightening
Thanks given by:
On hold. Working on getting my bike back on the road for summer.

Still buying parts, and doing little odd jobs. but mostly on hold Confused
Thanks given by:
Right. Its back.

Things getting done today.
- Pump fitted
- Timing belt
- starter fitted
- .. Stark realisation.... has it got oil.. f*ck brb
Thanks given by:
I am no longer able to build the tike!.. Dodgy
Due to a couple of factors, it would of been nice to finish it, but the fact is I got a new got a month ago and with the hours i have 0 hours to play. Leaving the house 6:20 in the morning getting home 7 at night, Also I bought this.. InloveInlove

[Image: 10297904_10152013716272274_9216158025474632335_n.jpg]

So yeah selling all the bits!

XUD Engine
Lucas Pump (with inj)
Starter motor
Struts
.. Cant sell the hubs due the modification Sad
Thanks given by:
Disappointing. Congratulations on the new job though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: