wet doors???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wet doors???
took door speakers out today as they are f**ked and i notices the doors are damp theres like a sponge lining that is very damp i havnt bothered to put my new speakers in as i dont want the water to bugger them up anyone no why theres damp in the doors quite heavy damp aswell
Thanks given by:
The inside of the doors do get water in there. It comes from the windows and trim clips, this is why there are drain hole at the bottom of the doors.

If you're talking about between the door and door card then you'll need a new weather seal.

The speakers should be ok.
Thanks given by:
yeah inside the doors behind the speakers and theres like a sponge lining in the door thats wet a little too wet if you ask me
Thanks given by:
You can buy a foam from car audio direct which goes behind the speaker. It stops the speaker getting wet so protects it but still allows sound through so you don't loose any bass. Its about £4 for both sides.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
can i get it from halfords?
Thanks given by:
No you can't.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/accessor...-rain-stop
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ahh ok lol i will order that isit easy to install?
Thanks given by:
You literally just place it over the speaker hole and push the speaker in to shape it then bolt the speaker down, use a knife to trim the excess off and job done.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
brill il order some lol
Thanks given by:
Might have buy those for mine.
Thanks given by: