Platinum Silver panel interchangability between Phase 2 and 3?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Platinum Silver panel interchangability between Phase 2 and 3?
A few quick questions regarding panel and colour compatibility between Ph2 and Ph3 306 models.

From my 205 experience, I know full well that Peugeot are notorious for changing colour shades and keeping the same name - certainly Alpine White, Cherry Red, and Miami Blue certainly all had significant colour differences depending on age!

My recently purchased Ph3 '99 HDi estate, although perfectly presentable as it is, would ideally benefit from a few replacement panels to get rid of some minor damage. The paintcode on the door sticker is marked EYCC.

I looked at a '97/98 Ph2 in the scrapyard, but the paint code marked in the engine bay is EYC, hence wondering if it's a slightly different shade. It subjectively looks similar at a glance, but then again these things usually do until you fit the panel and it sticks out like a sore thumb...
  • 1. Is Platinum Silver the same shade/colour between Phase 2 (96-99) and Phase 3 (99-02) 306 models?
  • 2. Am I correct in thinking that the only bolt-on exterior panels and trim specific to an estate is the tailgate and rear bumper, and everything else is the same as a 5dr model (and everything forward of the A-pillar on a 3dr)?
  • 3. Am I also correct in thinking that the only fundemental differences between Ph2 and Ph3 panels is the different front bumper, slightly different shape bonnet, and lack of colour coding on the door/bumper rub-strips?
Apologies if this has all been covered before, but I couldn't seem to find it on a search.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Yeah the doors and everything other than the boot lid and rear bumper are just normal 5dr parts, as for colour shades on silver it's very hit and miss.

My friend has a platinum hdi, doors were damaged on passenger side so found another platinum hdi in the scrappy, only a year's different, both hdi but the doors off the newer one are a good few shades darker than my mates X reg :-\
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Hmmm that would be a pain - I had rather naively assumed that silver wasn't a colour that noticeably suffered fading, but sounds from your friends experience like it might be... Sad
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by: