Brake Servos ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Servos ?
Hey guys.

In the process of replacing my brake servo and I've been sent the wrong part from a breakers yard, brilliant! They've asked me to read out the part number from the servo that's already in my car so I did that. The problem is now that I've googled the part number from the servo that's already in and it comes up with brake servo's for 206's...

I'm wondering if the reason I'm having problems is because the old servo is for a different car, or are they interchangeable?

The part number on my current servo is 9628275680 and it's Bosch.
Thanks given by:
Can't speak for 306 and 206 specifically, but there is a lot of interchangability of parts between various PSA models of the same era.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I'm not sure whether or not to try my chances with it as it's an inch smaller in diameter.... Getting a bit f*cked off with this now as I have to return the wrong part on Monday then they'll refund me so now I've got no bloody money to spend on the right part. f*cking useless twats.
Thanks given by:
Moved to correct section.

Personally, if the replacement part is visibly different, i'd be more inclined to get it exchanged for another part, rather than trying to bodge (no pun intended Wink ) the wrong part together.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2014, 05:38 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Moved to correct section.

Personally, if the replacement part is visibly different, i'd be more inclined to get it exchanged for another part, rather than trying to bodge (no pun intended Wink ) the wrong part together.

I see what you did there! Wink Yeh I'm returning the part and getting it refunded. Can't be bothered with the hassle so I've ordered a brand new one. Such a pig of a job. The car's sat outside with the interior ripped out! Oh well. Cheers guys Smile
Thanks given by: