Forged rod question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forged rod question
Right I now have money saved up for forged rods for an xud engine build...

Was hoping on some one helping me decide what rod to base it on HDI or Xud from what I have read HDI seems to be the more favored...

But I have also read about big end shells and that they are different something to do with notches? Hmm , I was hoping some one could shed some light on this as I don't want to be spending 600+ on rods when I could have had better...

I preferably would like not to have any headaches so the simple/best opinions please Angel
Thanks given by:
Paracetamol or ibuprofen are best for headaches.Or drink plenty of water.
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2014, 10:32 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Paracetamol or ibuprofen are best for headaches.Or drink plenty of water.

lmao Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2014, 10:32 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Paracetamol or ibuprofen are best for headaches.Or drink plenty of water.

[Image: 56d.gif]

lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If it's forged, does it really matter?
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
the difference is in the type of shells / bearings used

hdi rods use sputter bearings, which will stand up to a lot more abuse than normal bearings - hence why they're so friggin expensive compared to xud shells

they also have different locating tabs so are not interchangeable between rods.
Thanks given by:
There's a company that have made a few of these for various members, they have the specs and tools for making them

http://www.connectingrods.co.uk/index.html

Think that is them?
Thanks given by:
Farndon Engineering...
JP
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies guys...

I wanted to speak to Farndon Engineering, but I wanted to know what type of rod to have before I speak to them.

From what I've gathered HDI rod with HDI bearings is the best... any different wrist pin parts etc..?

I may have it sorted now, but it's something still worth knowing just in case...
Thanks given by:
Soz dude,couldn't help myself.Angel
Thanks given by:
Yeah, HDi bearings are the best style, as said they're sputter bearings.

Reason they have different locking tabs is because the top shell is different to the bottom shell - because the top shell is sputter, but the bottom shell isn't, so you can't put the shells in the wrong way round.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FORGED XUD - new oil pump? dr_jekyll 2 1,278 30-01-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Forged Xud vs M-HDI pugtk 15 5,360 28-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  forged rods xud vinny 19 5,612 26-03-2015, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Dave