Pugfest - 13/07/2014

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pugfest - 13/07/2014
Yes he did! And his car sounded awesome!
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2014, 06:05 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I guess the ultimate question can now be answered...

....did Niall stay out of the gravel traps this year? Big Grin

Yes you cheeky prick! :p
I was considering not doing my run as I'm having a few issues with the car and i had all of about 2 hours sleep last night so just wanted to kip in the car lol. Also it was wet and i have shite bald tyres however i took it up and really enjoyed it. If i had any cash on my i would of bought more but oh well!

Fantastic weekend guys! Again, nice to meet a few new people, nice to speak to most of the old regulars, nice to argue with dum dum about shite and as per usual, nice to get up to our usual childish antics.
Some awesome cars out on track and despite the wet track at the beginning of the day, only one car binned it (i think anyway) who was very lucky with the little damage he did. Was hilarious when the ambulance came up to help and also drove into the tyre wall lol
Nice to see the track filled with a lot of 306oc members as well some of which were really pushing on and looked great. I hate to say it but Jamies diablo looks quick!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Quite impressed with the astor in the wet on autogrips, the track gets sooo greasy in the wet, did get a few dry laps.

I say it even year but im NEVER doing any pm runs EVER!!

Great stand and banter from everybody as usually Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2014, 09:53 PM)7057sam Wrote: Quite impressed with the astor in the wet on autogrips, the track gets sooo greasy in the wet, did get a few dry laps.

I say it even year but im NEVER doing any pm runs EVER!!

Great stand and banter from everybody as usually Big Grin

Pm runs were better than morning! At one point I was coming off track driving round and almost going straight back on within 10 minutes.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They did chuck cars through with about 200yds between them at some point in the PM to clear the queues

Did enjoy the PM more...mainly due to lack of H20 on track!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2014, 10:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: They did chuck cars through with about 200yds between them at some point in the PM to clear the queues

Yeah I was pushing it a lot more in afternoon, was really enjoying it thats why I kept buying more runs...

im definitely in need of rear beam mounts, lift of oversteer was getting bad! Need to paint my solid mounts up and get them fitted.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Yeah apart from it beeing dry in the afternoon

I did 4 earlys in the space of 20-25mins.In the pm me and Rowell where waiting like 30 mins to get 1 run in.

I've been for the last 5 year never seen it that busy in the pm and never seen them run the cars so close together.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
There was a good 40 runs I rekon that had to be carried over from the AM...think thats why it so busy initially

(13-07-2014, 10:34 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(13-07-2014, 10:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: They did chuck cars through with about 200yds between them at some point in the PM to clear the queues

Yeah I was pushing it a lot more in afternoon, was really enjoying it thats why I kept buying more runs...

im definitely in need of rear beam mounts, lift of oversteer was getting bad! Need to paint my solid mounts up and get them fitted.

If you use left foot braking and balance with the throttle you can take advantage of the back end design on the 306....it was ace on the first curve under the bridge! Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well tbh it was my first time out on track. :-) didn't bin it though and throughly enjoyed it! :-)

I have shitloads of stuff to get fitted though, would all of helped for hill climb runs.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Loved my hillruns, properly addictive haha.

Really happy with the 6's handling, just annoying crunch going into 2nd now and then which I suspect is some gear linkage adjustment to be done

Can't wait for next year Big Grin
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I have to say kent your 6 was scary through some of those bends Smile, although I wasn't making it a competition, your fastest time being 58 seconds, and mine being 60 seconds, I was pretty damn impressed with the hdi to not lag so far behind a 6 as I thought it would Smile
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 09:38 AM)deggerz Wrote: I have to say kent your 6 was scary through some of those bends Smile, although I wasn't making it a competition, your fastest time being 58 seconds, and mine being 60 seconds, I was pretty damn impressed with the hdi to not lag so far behind a 6 as I thought it would Smile

Yeah like I said anyway I had a feeling before I was in need of beam mounts, it just proved I was right on track. But I have solid ones in the shed which I may start painting today! :-)
I think if it wasnt for the lift off oversteer in some corners it would of been much quicker.
Oh well next year will be much better! :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 10:51 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(14-07-2014, 09:38 AM)deggerz Wrote: I have to say kent your 6 was scary through some of those bends Smile, although I wasn't making it a competition, your fastest time being 58 seconds, and mine being 60 seconds, I was pretty damn impressed with the hdi to not lag so far behind a 6 as I thought it would Smile

Yeah like I said anyway I had a feeling before I was in need of beam mounts, it just proved I was right on track. But I have solid ones in the shed which I may start painting today! :-)
I think if it wasnt for the lift off oversteer in some corners it would of been much quicker.

The solid beam mounts on mine were Amazing on the Hill Big Grin
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I had them on my first hdi, but it never really got driven like the 6 does. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 11:18 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:

i must admit solid mounts on the hill were epic
dab of brakes to unsettle the rear and straight line the esses on power
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 11:18 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:

Lift off oversteer on every corner of the hill was more amazing Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the hill run made me decide NOT to go for solid rears tbh
So much fun left foot brake/right foot throttle, lift off oversteer control, was so controllable, proper go cart steering!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2014, 07:43 PM)Niall Wrote: Yes you cheeky prick! :p
I was considering not doing my run as I'm having a few issues with the car and i had all of about 2 hours sleep last night so just wanted to kip in the car lol. Also it was wet and i have shite bald tyres however i took it up and really enjoyed it. If i had any cash on my i would of bought more but oh well!

Fantastic weekend guys! Again, nice to meet a few new people, nice to speak to most of the old regulars, nice to argue with dum dum about shite and as per usual, nice to get up to our usual childish antics.
Some awesome cars out on track and despite the wet track at the beginning of the day, only one car binned it (i think anyway) who was very lucky with the little damage he did. Was hilarious when the ambulance came up to help and also drove into the tyre wall lol
Nice to see the track filled with a lot of 306oc members as well some of which were really pushing on and looked great. I hate to say it but Jamies diablo looks quick!

God im going to get this printed & put up on my wall!!!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
But on the other hand, its no quicker than all the other low boost Lynx 6s and mine keeps up with them so it can't be that quick :p
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
There you go you had to wreck it...........

Thanks given by:
without trying to take sides....Jamies was rapid...well set up for sure...just watch the videos of it round the second hairpin, it goes round at twice the rate I did and no squeal or shimmy, spot on!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 05:00 PM)Piggy Wrote: without trying to take sides....Jamies was rapid...well set up for sure...just watch the videos of it round the second hairpin, it goes round at twice the rate I did and no squeal or shimmy, spot on!

Heart Tongue

Thanks given by:
Didn't realise there were sides to take?
End of the day, Jamies could be 800hp and the quickest up the hill by over 30 seconds lead but its still Diablo so its all irrelevant :p

But for a diablo, it is nice i suppose :p
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall .................... you are an ass hole .......... lol

Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 05:05 PM)puglove Wrote: Niall .................... you are an ass hole .......... lol

Yep i know. you love it really Heart
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 12:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah, the hill run made me decide NOT to go for solid rears tbh
So much fun left foot brake/right foot throttle, lift off oversteer control, was so controllable, proper go cart steering!

Your runs looked quick and you can see the torque making a difference through the bends with the dervs!

That said, all i saw / heard when piggy was braking and cornering was his splitter smashing off the tarmac Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yeah....better springs/dampers on front and a 10mm drop needed at the back!
But still so funny....chin crunching into that second chicane!
Then wheel squealing out! Haha
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
let me show you boys how to do it!

who needs a supercharger to have a cool whistle! Tongue

Thanks given by:
Ffs someone could of edited me out of that video lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: