The Astor Platinum Onyx

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Astor Platinum Onyx
Think there was a set floating around on eBay/Facebook earlier may have been on peugeot enthusiast group fb
Thanks given by:
FFS keep quite they end in a hour whistle
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
So finally got my wheels,few points of interest I'll let the pictures do the talking Dodgy how got them literally had nt been cleaned in months I reckon.[Image: 20140211_152036.jpg]
After: [Image: 20140211_153528.jpg]
[Image: 20140211_154900.jpg]

Cleaned up quite well be getting some new centre caps,also found rust on the inner edges of the spoke which was really weird as I've never ever had a set of wheels with rust on.

[Image: 20140211_153332.jpg]

Also found some on the back of the wheels
[Image: 20140211_153048.jpg]
[Image: 20140211_154445.jpg]
[Image: 20140211_154457.jpg]

Kinda hoping this is surface rust which was badly repaired (costemically)

Got a multi grinder thing at lidle yesterday after going in for bed lol
[Image: 20140211_155217.jpg]

Testing it out Friday on the rust issues and be good for general car bits.
Thanks given by:
That Dremel type thing ain't too bad tbh mate picked one up the other day seems to work alright on small jobs
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2014, 11:52 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: That Dremel type thing ain't too bad tbh mate picked one up the day seems to work alright on small jobs

Yeah was going to get bread lol

And this in the end, was less that £20 which is cheap considering a dremel is 3 times that.
Thanks given by:
Was going to buy one of these! Let me now how it is. The one I have is from mapplins ! screams it's tits off every time I use it but still going strong.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2014, 12:16 AM)underground375 Wrote: Was going to buy one of these! Let me now how it is. The one I have is from mapplins ! screams it's tits off every time I use it but still going strong.

Yeah turned it on today and abit of a screamer lol

Though I was full rpm did nt test it on anything.Made by germans should last atleast a yearDodgy
Thanks given by:
Mine screams when on full rpm. The once I was using it for a good 30min's. Had to put the music on full blast as the dermal was giving me a head ache
Thanks given by:
Yeah going mainly use to polish up bits in the engine bay as already got the cam covers done.And started on the cylinder head, will definitely come in handy to bodge something somewhere if not lol
Thanks given by:
got myself a 240 piece set from mapplins for under £20, got everything you ever need for it Tongue.
Thanks given by:
Did you manage to get the Garros seatbelt a btw omate?
Thanks given by:
The rust on the top of the wheel spokes is likely a result of not being cleaned for months - it'll be a collection of brake dust particulates rusting. Try using something like Autofinesse Iron out or Autosmart smart wheels in neat solution on it.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2014, 01:05 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: Did you manage to get the Garros seatbelt a btw omate?

I missed the auction in the end, went for £63 plus £10 postage kinda expensive but are rare.

(13-02-2014, 07:37 AM)C2K Wrote: The rust on the top of the wheel spokes is likely a result of not being cleaned for months - it'll be a collection of brake dust particulates rusting. Try using something like Autofinesse Iron out or Autosmart smart wheels in neat solution on it.

Yeah its all suface rust get a better look tomorrow, if used Autosmart before and really rate the stuff.
Thanks given by:
Ok carl did some work on the engine today as we booth strongly surspect.

So took head off, no signs on head actaully looked good so we replaced the gasket.Then started sounded a bit better and didn't push out water but then stopped, now we/carl thinks the pistons are fuked so back to it tomorrow see if we can route out the problem.

Still im happy its not the head and we got lucky and got a new head gasket on it.
Thanks given by:
Niiice motor Smile. Mucho jealous
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2014, 11:32 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Niiice motor Smile. Mucho jealous

Cheers mate, its literally driving me mad atm as it hasn't actaully moved under its own steam yet Angry

But hopefully by the end of tomorrow we'll be alot closer to nowing.
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2014, 02:24 PM)mario497 Wrote: looks good

Cheers mate shame it goes'nt run aswell as it looks

After many hours worked out the engine I got is survival f*cked lol head's defentely shot and we reckon the rings of the pistons are burned.So im going to get it fully rebuilt, sadly won't be done for a few weeks but when it is, should have many hassle free miles Smile

Also getting some accord type r runners and some 6 ones so can fuse them together and make some sort of hybrid up lol
Thanks given by:
#Little update (do more when I get home tomorrow)

So basically I have 2 engine booth with bottom end failures.One which was in the car when i got it so did bother me the other one was the engine i've been painting up, sold from a so called friend saying it a non tappering,good runner etc.turns out its conplete peice of shit pistons fried head shot Angry:

But I ve found someone my way who has a engine which I should be viewing this weekend and hearing lol
Hoping to be driving now mid march, going to be a push for combe fingers crossed

Also got the correct rails for the recaros today (shite picture I now) be mounting them up tomorrow which should give me a indication how they'll mounts to the base plates.

[Image: 20140227_001110.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Did you get any money as a good will gesture etc from the person that sold you the engine?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2014, 06:59 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Did you get any money as a good will gesture etc from the person that sold you the engine?

No guy was a complete lady garden about it saying "it ran fine when he had it"and saying well I sold it to you with no history.when I said yeah no history like cambelt oil change etc.

The pistons where completely fried not something we could of done.have i got any good s to claim my money back?

Lesson learned. never buy a engine you can't hear running.
Thanks given by:
So do you have a good head? I may be interested if you do. Not just yet tho. I have a good botton end but a f*cked head!

Look forward to seeing these seats fitted
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2014, 08:08 PM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: So do you have a good head? I may be interested if you do. Not just yet tho. I have a good botton end but a f*cked head!

Look forward to seeing these seats fitted

ahhh dunno I'll have a check when im next on the car, carl and the people at the other garage could nt beleive how bad it was.

Yeah abit of work on the seats today, took lods of pictures as thinking of doing a guide on to fitting them, bits you need etc as you can really go silly buying jdm bits which is so uneccesary.

So including seats and rails I've spent £190 and say 50-60 was postage charges.

Basically got everything now just a chase of making it fit Smile
Thanks given by:
So got my mounts today,come from a accord type r which was the cheapest way I can get around mounting these.other wise you'd have to get recaros ones to fit a 306 which are some where in the region of £300 a pair and really nothing special.

So mount and rails are to separate bits,which is good because I'm sure I can get these sitting even lower,took pictures of each stage so hopefully can make a guide on her so you can all copy me or watch me fail lol

Mount which kinda converts it to a side mounted postion
[Image: 20140227_183530.jpg]

Fitted(bottom bolts are a f*ckers)
[Image: 20140227_185232.jpg]

All fitted bit of wd40 and they run smoothly Smile
[Image: 20140227_191718.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good Sam. Though you might want to put some grease in the runners, WD40 will dry out fairly quickly.
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 05:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Looks good Sam. Though you might want to put some grease in the runners, WD40 will dry out fairly quickly.

Yeah good thinking tom as have serious lack of room at my house I've dismantled them, giving them a ruddy good clean.

Now all I need is a working 306 lol
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 05:33 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(28-02-2014, 05:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Looks good Sam. Though you might want to put some grease in the runners, WD40 will dry out fairly quickly.

Yeah good thinking tom as have serious lack of room at my house I've dismantled them, giving them a ruddy good clean.

Now all I need is a working 306 lol

Pfft, soon you'll be able to sit in it! Big Grin Who needs an engine anyway.... lol
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2014, 09:29 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(27-02-2014, 06:59 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Did you get any money as a good will gesture etc from the person that sold you the engine?

No guy was a complete lady garden about it saying "it ran fine when he had it"and saying well I sold it to you with no history.when I said yeah no history like cambelt oil change etc.

The pistons where completely fried not something we could of done.have i got any good s to claim my money back?

Am I right in saying it was a forum member? With enough pictures, evidence and straight up old school hassling he'll soon get fed up and offer you something as a good will gesture! Keep it polite but very persistent. To be honest it's really not on
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
As above and as I said to you the other day. Keep on at him. Took me over a month but I got sorted in the end with my new cam. Just tell him you wont go away! You have his number and email so just keep on at him every other day till he pays up! Not fair being told something is fine when its not! He will have known.
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2014, 07:43 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote:
(27-02-2014, 09:29 AM)7057sam Wrote: [quote='Tallguy_2' pid='397888' dateline='1393484392']
Did you get any money as a good will gesture etc from the person that sold you the engine?

Yeah messaged him yesterday again saying "this an't fair, shurly he most of know"he keeps comming out with"it was runnin fine when I had it, can't see how its my fault"

Which clearly a lia as I never ran right from the first time we started it, makes you wonder why he did nt sell is rallye, he broke it for bits.

As iv proved it was f*cked basically as soon as I received it can could probably get written statement from garage, would I have a case in a small claims court?
Thanks given by:
Am glad I never bought all the bits off him now. Would have been kicking off! To be honest with you buying private I dont think there will be much you can do but best off speaking to someone with a little more knowledge.

Oh and another thing actually! I bought my gaz gha's off fordy what were apparently next to new. Only done 500mile so he said. The turned up, no rear shocks, rusty as hell and no helper springs. Adjuster screw on to is sized solid and they knock on too! Fuckin shit man
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Onyx Rallye. 182.1bhp & 154.5ft/lb Wilwoods & axle arrived! Welding finished! Matt-Rallye 420 115,960 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Platinum Silver S1 306 HDI MY95 16 6,014 17-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Last Post: MY95
Smile Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi StarBenn 144 60,096 29-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Last Post: StarBenn