Newbie with a 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie with a 6
Thought I'd join up here as the GTi forums are dead most days!

Well I'm 22, bought my six last September after owning numerous Saxo VTR's etc etc. in and around the London area so look forward too meeting some of you etc.

If anyone is local to chislehurst it'd be nice to see another six! Blush

[attachment=12456]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum and yes the 306 gti forum is very quite agree, Hello
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, Im not all that local to you, but i know there are a fair few members in and around London, so im sure someone will be near you! I'm likely to be visiting another member in Epsom in a couple of weekends, and the French car night at Ace Cafe is the 20th, and we usually have a good few people turn up there for that. Be good to see you! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've always wanted to go to ace cafe so I'll more than likely pop along for that one!
Thanks given by:
Sounds fair, im not sure ill be making it this month, obviously the winter months draw less of a crowd than the summer meets, but its still worth popping along, especially if you're fairly local! Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
I live in London and theres a lot more of us around here. As Danglenuts said, ace is every month (20th this month iirc. Check the meets section) and we normally get very good numbers from this club. Winter isn't as good but in the summer, if your not there by 7 you will be parking on the road.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds good. I'm in Chislehurst so I'm not too far.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along fellow 306 owner!!
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate! Christ gti forums is a morgue compared to this place!
Thanks given by:
This forum is generally very busy, lots of info bit of banter here and there
Love it
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2014, 08:29 PM)Jimbo Wrote: This forum is generally very busy, lots of info bit of banter here and there
Love it

This. There is usually plenty of people about on here....although we do still have quiet days. The banter is second to none though. Big Grin That's why I spend so long on here tbh. Wink
Thanks given by:
It's about time I got off the Saxo forums anyway so I guess I'll spend most of my time on here!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along. Looks like a tidy 306 you got. Really liking the white cyclones on the black
Thanks given by:
Needs a few touch ups here and there but it does the Job! Good cheap fun and it does pull well, do fancy a HDi though......
Thanks given by:
Nooooo go Xud there miles beter IMO
Thanks given by:
I agree with Jimbo (I would though I suppose, as i have one), xud's are easier to tune, and have less electronic gubbins to go wrong. Each to their own though, but I'd rather have an xud any day over an hdi.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along. I was on the gti forum but didn't renew my membership as it was dead. The guys here are a good bunch ?
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate the 6 looks good mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Car looks sweet! Always wanted a black 6!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile your '6 does look sweet...a very good replacement for the silly saxo!

Is it quite OEM?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, I only paid £800 for it, it's pretty standard other than a filter and an exhaust engine wise, just lowered and a few painted bits, I've already knackered a rad mind so had to get a new one and paid the premium for a nissens which seems to make it run much cooler! Drives ok for 123k, doesn't burn any oil, just needs a good mop and a few shocks changing really but I'll wait for a little while to clear it all up!

I loved my little VTR. At 17 it felt immensely quick, mind you buying my gti for my 22nd birthday was without doubt a good buy!
Thanks given by:
Someone near me! Big Grin I'm near Grove Park.

Welcome along.
Thanks given by:
Any plans for it?
Thanks given by:
Welcome, nice car!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Hello from a fellow '6 owner!
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. Car looks great. Make sure you come to Ace. Its where all the cool kids meet Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks good if you gonna change it go for an xud so much more win lol
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate Smile car looks sweet! Need a project thread and some under bonnet pictures Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: