Tapping worse than a 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tapping worse than a 6
Christ! That's some hellish slop! Drop the big end nuts and pull it out and see how it looks. More than likely an issue with a squirter snapped or blocked failing to lube it up.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 05:14 PM)Dave Wrote: Christ! That's some hellish slop! Drop the big end nuts and pull it out and see how it looks. More than likely an issue with a squirter snapped or blocked failing to lube it up.

when I saw that movement, it was the first thing I thought of.

What I don't understand, is how it appeared so suddenly.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Ok I wasn't going to but I will whip the bottom end apart tomorrow night.

I dunno but it was a pain. Went tom picked it up it was running fine as he road tested it and he did about 30 miles before it started making the noise I think
Thanks given by:
Bent rod. Snapped squirter. Wrecked little end. Maybe anyway
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 10:21 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Bent rod. Snapped squirter. Wrecked little end. Maybe anyway

Poss something similar that may have happened to Tom's 205?
Thanks given by:
Toms 205 has neat identical issues..piston sloppy and slapping the head..I'm guessing what I suggested above..altho obviously in this case due to power and in your case due to IMO a hydro lock
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
So I have now found the fault. It wasn't the small end, it was the big end bearing gone. Was really scored and worn pretty thin. Really was pretty bad. Im not sure why though. I was in a rush taking a couple of the pistons out so I didn't think to look/check the squirters or actually look at the crank. What could of caused this?

But any ways pics of the bearing

[Image: E3AC609E-2AD9-4BE1-80D4-535E9465F7D5_zpsqcshmweo.jpg]

[Image: 4FE98DA6-3C1D-4A36-910B-007F230C30A2_zpscm6sa2zh.jpg]

And a pic of the bearing next to 1 out of the rod that was next to it. That was also scored but not as bad

[Image: 119958DF-B400-4F35-9649-80ED347A1D7D_zpsfhezuits.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Holy crap. Looks very healthy Tongue
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Woah! Confused That's definitely f*cked.

Also interested to find out what can cause that though.
Thanks given by:
You all know what caused it, lack of lubrication.

Its what caused THAT, that intrigues you all Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Possible bad oil/filter maintenance, could have been low on oil at some point and gone round a long left handed. Could have just blocked one of the oil journals up if there's any shit in the oil.

You could flush it out, check the galleries and get some new shells put it all back together and it'd be fine though!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 03:59 AM)Dave Wrote: You could flush it out, check the galleries and get some new shells put it all back together and it'd be fine though!

Wouldn't expect anything less from Dave Tongue

Though 'new' shells?! good 2nd hand lol
Thanks given by:
Interesting thats deffo a lack of oil...

Could have same issue in toms...his car dosnt even have an oil pressure light (I have told tom about this! Wink ) so who knows if it was making good pressure!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yeah does defo seem like lack of oil. Just trying to think how/why it has done that.

Basically me and a mate brought the car from someone local and fixed bits that needed doing on it. I did notice that the oil in it seemed to be really thick like syrup so I gave it an oil and filter change. We had only driven it about 10 miles as we didn't have it taxed or insured until we sold it to tom and he had the problem. I wonder if the problem could be for lack of servicing as in not have had an oil change for a long time
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 10:05 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Interesting thats deffo a lack of oil...

Could have same issue in toms...his car dosnt even have an oil pressure light (I have told tom about this! Wink ) so who knows if it was making good pressure!

Wouldn't a gauge be a better idea?

doesn't the warning light come on at like, 5PSi or less? What if it's running 6Psi, hardly good pressure but the light would be out Rofl
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Deffo! I wouldnt drive 1 miles without a working oil light..and on a times motor oil pressure gauge..
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tapping into boost pipes ginge191 7 2,131 06-09-2016, 11:40 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Headgasket help/ Engine rebuilding Q's/Bad to f*cking worse. Tom 49 8,842 11-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Tom
  tapping into ally xantia manifold? Jimbo 6 2,312 30-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Jimbo