Door hitting skirt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door hitting skirt
When i close either front door it just rubs on the skirt at the front near the wing, has anyone elce had this happen,

There are two way i could fit it, either cut out the offending bit of skirt or put a self taping screw in to hold it down
Thanks given by:
I take it you've retrofitted the skirts? If so how are they fixed? I'd try a self tapper to hold them down if they're flexing, but hide it under the seal so it's not on show. That's all I've done in mine! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yea there retrofitted, but iv seen originals that are close, mine have captive nuts in the sill then m6 bolts with penny washers holding them on
Thanks given by:
Wear trousers instead...

Seriously though, just stick a screw in there.
Thanks given by:
I had the same issue I slackened the bolts on the hinges and lifted the door up a few mm cleared it then and still shut fine Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I fired to screws in it. Its just clearing it, dident really want to adjust the door as it lines up perfectly everywhere else
Thanks given by:
Is there any play in the door hinges mine lines up fine but the hinges are worn and rub a bit when you open close door
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
It the top of the door perfecly inline with the rear quarter top bit? If not then hinges have worn / need adjusting to raise door back up...this is normally the cause.

If not then the skirt must be high, so just screw it down!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Iv screwed it down and there is now clearance so it dose not take the paint off
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side skirt removal Nathan1305 11 3,181 22-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Do I need to remove my side skirt to take wing off Moh 9 2,032 30-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Connor
  Picture request: Side skirt rubber seals. ConorTRG 4 2,372 30-08-2013, 01:04 AM
Last Post: ConorTRG