Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who actually uses launch control?
(06-01-2014, 10:57 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've gotta say I'm not sure how badly it would toast the engine if done right. Your little pre heating/keep the engine spinning at 2-3k injection needs to be nothing more than it would usually need and gives EGT of maybe 400* guessing off peoples EGT gauges and that would be no more than it usually makes then the stuff your firing out the open exhaust valves I'm not entirely sure would combust as your loosing compression all the time and its not a high temperature or much oxygen so you have no chance of burning the valves IMO any more than a coaling XUD

Or is that completely wrong?

To get it spooling properly you need the diesel burning literally as the exhaust valve opens and throughout the valve open stage... As I said, you'd need multiple injections throughout the entire cycle to ensure the gas stays hot and fuel stays burning... That's when you're likely to roast valves etc... Considering I've seen diesels torch pistons with poorly timed fuel, you could quite easily roast some valves given the right timing...

It'll be very harsh on the engine, but IMHO only as bad as petrol antilag with limiting... Antilag you can easily toast components if set up wrong... Best thing I can advise, go and play with injection timing and see how differently the turbo responds and egts move about... Given a few degrees of retard, you can get the turbo spinning like mad and the egts close to 800c just slightly leaning on the throttle...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Who actually uses launch control? - by jammapic - 05-01-2014, 12:05 PM
RE: Who actually uses launch control? - by Matt - 05-01-2014, 12:29 PM
RE: Who actually uses launch control? - by Ruan - 05-01-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: Who actually uses launch control? - by padge - 05-01-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: Who actually uses launch control? - by Ruan - 05-01-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: Who actually uses launch control? - by Ruan - 06-01-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Who actually uses launch control? - by Ruan - 06-01-2014, 04:04 PM