Sky broadband vs bt broadband

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky broadband vs bt broadband
What's everyone's opinions on both providers? I recently changed over to bt from sky as quite frankly it was shit! I get free bt sport from it and a 50 sainsbury voucher, what's not to like? No brainer
[Image: image_zps738f3eaa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Any difference in your internet speeds?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
My little brother is with Sky, and had no end of issues with them, paying for up to 20Mbps, barely getting 2Mbps. After numerous phone calls, and then FINALLY sending an engineer round, he's now seeing speeds of up to 7Mbps, but the line itself is not great, so unless he upgrades to Fibre Optic, he won't be seeing much faster speeds.

Not had any dealings with BT though, so wouldnt like to comment. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tom I'm not sure as I only received my mac code today so have just sorted it with bt for the change over.... But within 5 mins I had access to bt sport for the UFC Smile

Infinity isn't available where I am yet and probably won't be for ages :/ but trying to watch net flicks and you tube without it buffering was the final straw for me!
Thanks given by:
Had sky fibre at the last dent house I was at and it was fantastic, constant 30mb download speeds, not with virgin and it's shite. Meh.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I wish I could get fibre Sad I notice when the kids get in from school it goes dead slow from 1530 till late evening early hours, obviously bt own the exchange and sky rent it from them so I'm hoping bt prioritise there customers and don't cap speeds at peak times like sky seem to do :/
Thanks given by:
Sky has MASSIVE ADSL network problems last year, they totally oversubscribed their network and people were getting a shit service.
They bought O2/Be internet for the extra capacity - I think it's sorted the problems but I'm not sure.

Sky fibre is different tho, speeds are the same as BT as it's not oversubscribed yet.

One thing I don't like is you have to use the bundled Sky router, BT let you use whatever you want.
Thanks given by:
I've got one of those speed test apps on my phone it will be interesting to see the difference Smile at the end of the day I'm paying the same price as someone living in a big city and getting less than half the speed
Thanks given by:
just moved house and changed to the new address with BT, who were trying to get me to upgrade for 20mins+ whilst sorting the change... was told the line here was crap and would only see 7Mbps at best, LOL i'm on 15Mbps at the mo, has been up to 19 off peak, talking out their ass much?x
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
If you go with sky you can only use the sky router provided. And most sky routers are crap.
Thanks given by:
Switched to BT from Virgin here but only because of Fibre coming into the Village, well not quite as it goes to the Green BT box at the other end but at least I'm only 1/2 mile from it going from 7 to the exchange, speeds are OK now, Not great but a huge improvement over normal Broadband.

Again as you have said, any issue's I had with the line during Virgin it took ages to sort, Now funny enough with BT it's allot quicker, Hmm
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
I have BT at home, 30mb, it's great.

I have Sky here at Uni, 7mb, it's f*cking shit.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=10416]
Thanks given by:
You spoilt bastards when mine gets upto 5mb i consider that to be my lucky day!!! Haha.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Have 78mb/s on BT

Sky used to give me like 2mb/s max
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
I am with bt and i am receiving 38 mb/s download speed and 8 and half mb/s upload.
Thanks given by:
I am with sky sometimes it's ok most of the time it's crap
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Lol, i just aobut manage to cope with my 2mb connection...people really shouldnt complain Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I can't even get proper broadband at home. We have to use 1 of they useless dongles
Thanks given by:
Not getting decent internet *shudder*
Thanks given by:
Bt all day. I got 8Mb adsl and get full speed almost always. Sky have had issues
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2014, 01:17 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Not getting decent internet *shudder*

They're bloody savages if you ask me Big GrinBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Sky use the BT backbone, so ignoring billing and customer services they are the same.

Virgin however are just better. 120Mb downliad, 10Mb upload and free calls too.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broadband Deals? Toms306 10 3,625 20-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Broadband shopping about lolsteve 13 2,022 08-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Last Post: toseland
  phone and broadband packages Chris_90 18 2,882 04-09-2014, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Ican