Motorway police...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorway police...
(03-01-2014, 02:17 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Who was it had their car smashed into by the police because of veg oil drums on the back seat?

lol WAT? Rofl

What did they think was in the drums? lol
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 11:41 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: ]The thing is most of us would mate, thats how you keep a clean licence and have an easy life, if your calm and polite 99.99% of time the other person will be the same back and remember that the police don't really need a reason to pull you over, they have a power to stop any vehicle on the road. If they make you late for work and you ask they can provide you with proof they have stopped you for your employer.

Hate to agree with captain dribbles here, but it's true...

I've been pulled over a handful of times, I do 30-40k miles a year, a lot in towns and a lot on motorways, I've done that for the past 3 years in a pretty modified 306 with big pipe etc - people will agree I don't drive like miss daisy everywhere, I enjoy "using" the engine and simply "testing" the cars ability... I've only ever once gotten a producer (for a piece of scaff' pipe for an exhaust), but the rest of the time you just shut up, keep quiet, yes sir sorry sir... Never try and get arsy with a police officer, because if they *DO* have a problem, which most don't but some do, you're likely to exacerbate the problem.

My advice is don't drive like a dick, don't have 4 mates in the car, don't have tints, don't have stickers all over the car, keep the car in good condition, i.e. when they pull you over, if they see decent tyres, a well maintained car etc - they're more likely to see you as an enthusiast rather than a little scrote... Unfortunately tints, tinted lights, different registration plates, LED numberplate lamps, driving round with fogs and sidelights will simply make them think you are the latter...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 02:46 PM)Martin306 Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 02:17 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Who was it had their car smashed into by the police because of veg oil drums on the back seat?

lol WAT? Rofl

Bombs apparently...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Again I have to agree with Dumdum. 99% of coppers are lazy and want a easy life. You be nice to them, chances are they will be alright with you.
I've been pulled before for driving "enthusiastically" around some local fun roads. The copper was in a unmarked fiesta st and was trying to keep chase (hence why I booted it. Thought it was a chav trying to have some fun lol). He stopped me and shouted a bit and I put my tail in between my legs and did the yes sir no sir bit. He said he could of given me a ticket for 3 wheeling around a roundabout and for speeding but on this occasion he wouldn't. He had a quick look over the car to make sure nothing was illegal, checked it was insured etc then said "fair play I used to have a 205 and they are awesome fun. I couldn't keep up with you".
I got a bit too comfortable because I next said "oh mate, I wasn't even trying". Don't think he appreciated that lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 03:16 PM)Niall Wrote: I got a bit too comfortable because I next said "oh mate, I wasn't even trying". Don't think he appreciated that lol

lmao

I also have been in a similar situation, following some plank who was either drunk, or incompetent up a local road, and at the top, it splits into two lanes on the approach to a mini roundabout. I wanted the 2nd exit off the roundabout, and the plank in front of me indicated to turn left. I naturally went for the relevant lane for the 2nd exit, and put my foot down a bit. At this point, pretty much as i was alongside him, the other driver (still indicating left), started drifting back into the right hand lane. I swerved wide and accelerated to get past him. What i didnt realise was that on the other side of the road, was a traffic car, which unfortunately only saw me razzing past the other guy almost on the wrong side of the road. When he stopped me, i also did the "yes sir, no sir" bit, and admitted that i could have handled the situation better, but when i explained what i'd seen, he was far more on my side about the matter, and i got off with a slap on the wrist and an S59.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Best one I've had was being pulled over on a back road near Buckden Pike in the dales at about 2am, I was bored and couldn't sleep so I'd gone for a drive. Police Discovery pulled me and asked me to get out of the car and sit in his. I've had the video of my driving in the past so got a bit worried when he didn't show me that. Turns out they were investigating thefts of agricultural machinery and suspected I was casing farms for robberies! He asked me which way I was going after having a bit of a laugh with me about insomnia (why he did nights voluntarily), and told me to go through Starbotton because they'd resurfaced the road, and I quote, "its like a bastard racetrack!"

Top lad Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 03:16 PM)Niall Wrote: I've been pulled before for driving "enthusiastically" around some local fun roads. The copper was in a unmarked fiesta st and was trying to keep chase (hence why I booted it. Thought it was a chav trying to have some fun lol). He stopped me and shouted a bit and I put my tail in between my legs and did the yes sir no sir bit. He said he could of given me a ticket for 3 wheeling around a roundabout and for speeding but on this occasion he wouldn't. He had a quick look over the car to make sure nothing was illegal, checked it was insured etc then said "fair play I used to have a 205 and they are awesome fun. I couldn't keep up with you".

I've had that too in my 6, had a Mondeo (should of guessed) blinding me with his headlights in a 40 limit, soon as we got past the pub into national speed limit I dropped 3 gears and pinned it, saw the Mondeo was accelerating behind me but nowhere near as well as I was and I thought no chance mate, I'll piss all over you, got the 6 into 5th and looked in the mirror to see blue lights reflecting off the hedges behind me, thought f*ck and slowed down before they could get a chance to see how fast I was actually going. Turns out they only had a 1.8 but I wasn't gonna keep it pinned with there being a police station up the road the way I was heading.

Defo put a grin on my face when the bloke admitted he'd never of got anywhere near me if I hadn't slowed down.

Anyway, details checked, saw I was an enthusiast and told me to look out for unmarked police cars better.
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 05:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Anyway, details checked, saw I was an enthusiast and told me to look out for unmarked police cars better.

What!? They're unmarked....how are you supposed to look out for them? lol
Thanks given by:
Well round here they're all silver Insignias or White A3's...
Thanks given by:
That's no good, there's a million white audis in bradford lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Problem around London is they use literally everything as a unmarked vehicle. Mostly black 3 series and audi A4s but I've seen everything from X reg IS200s to S reg sprinter vans hammering it along with the blues on lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 06:30 PM)Niall Wrote: Problem around London is they use literally everything as a unmarked vehicle. Mostly black 3 series and audi A4s but I've seen everything from X reg IS200s to S reg sprinter vans hammering it along with the blues on lol.

Theres far cooler/weirder than that for unmarked police cars in london;

A pair of 40ton artics
armoured jag XF's
armoured 7 series
pink early 00s corolla
nissan primera that looked and smelled like a minicab
maroon almera
sure i saw a rx 400 too
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 02:56 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 02:46 PM)Martin306 Wrote:

lol WAT? Rofl

Bombs apparently...

Weren't that piggy? I'm not 100% sure but I know what your on about lol
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
I don't know what they use round here now, was a couple of Volvo estates and Mondeo estates but that was a couple of years ago when I was going to cruises, probably got something else by now! They're sneaky with the lights these days though, hide them so well that you can't even see them until they're on (unlike the older ones which had huge clear lightbars on the roof....well that was only gonna be police or ambulance lol!).

I should add I haven't actually been pulled yet, but it is something I worry about a lot when driving, even though I don't do much wrong (we all make mistakes occasionally!) and the car is all legal afaik... I just hate the fact the Police have the power to literally do anything they want - had nightmares about getting pulled and sh*tting myself in the back of the cop car! Confused
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 06:54 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 02:56 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 02:46 PM)Martin306 Wrote: lol WAT? Rofl

Bombs apparently...

Weren't that piggy? I'm not 100% sure but I know what your on about lol

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-12605.html
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Lol I remember that.. he had that veg oil off me ha
Thanks given by:
In Perth we have Silver Audi A5s, endless number of Volvos. Black Honda CR-V's. Couple of red beamers as well iirc.

Up towards highland Perthshire there are green defenders. (like every frigging defender colour up here!) gun cabinets in the back of them too!
Thanks given by:
We've got a focus st and some stupid little Honda jazz in newport
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2014, 01:40 AM)sillywotsit1993 Wrote: We've got a focus st and some stupid little Honda jazz in newport

Hyundai i30/i40s a few focus st's, bmw and volvos in newport/gwent and land rovers lol
Thanks given by:
OH LOL I forgot to mention, the Police here have an Prius as well! Rofl
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2014, 01:40 AM)sillywotsit1993 Wrote: We've got a focus st and some stupid little Honda jazz in newport

I've seen an orange and a black st around Newport area also s-max's too Ystrad way (South Wales)
Thanks given by:
I got stoped by the i30 with a slap on the wrist
Thanks given by:
It's all about silver Octavia vrs' over here. Still slow as shit Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  police thebluepearl 77 18,581 23-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: toseland
  First time on motorway today pugdan95 20 3,007 30-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: 306carter
Thumbs Up PROOF THE POLICE ONLY USE THE BEST CARS joelww 16 4,441 26-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark