Propane injection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propane injection
Was wondering if anyone has experimented with propane injection?
Thanks given by:
I think Dumdum may have done with the hdi
I believe that on the idi (xud) motor there was not much to be gained for what it costs to set up and maintain.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I was led to believe that propane injection done properly(injected in the correct amounts) made a fairly big difference in both power and torque on both n/a and forced induction diesels engines.
I could be wrong though, so don't hold me to that statement.
Thanks given by:
Another one of those times when the search function is key!!!

Thread from almost a year ago:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-19351.html
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I might give it a go as an experiment. Not too sure how safe it would be though!
Thanks given by:
Good luck declaring it to your insurance company / pressurized bottles of gas in your car dont go down well with any area of authority sadly.

Its something I read about alot, however I have always been determined to feed the engine nothing but air and diesel, and thats where the challenge / fun lies imo. Anyone can make power with fuel and nos and or gas?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Buy a cheap N/A and whack it on, be f*cking ace having a quick N/A diesel.
Thanks given by:
http://www.bankspower.com/techarticles/s...the-Diesel

I'd trust Banks a damned sight more than some bloke from Slough who's shoved a bottle of Calor in the boot and claims it's amazing.

I'd sooner add Nitrous than Propane... Nitrous isn't going to torch your pistons etc like it will in a Petrol, worst that's going to happen really is you do something seriously stupid and have a gigantic nitrous backfire, but being sensible, it won't happen.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I think when I looked at it the amount of gas you could add to a tuned 306 without risking destroying stuff was negligible and certainly wasnt worth the hassle of making/fitting a system.

Effectively anything but the tiniest amount in our relatively high compression engines that are running a fair old whack of boost will cause detonation/pre ignition.
Thanks given by:
There's a strong difference between detonation and pre-ignition... Two entirely different phenomenons...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I know that the amount injected has to be metered very precisely, but not much else to be honest.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue propane injection Teddy 18 5,200 08-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Devils own methanol injection sam 15 3,532 11-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: sam