Cutting Bump Stops?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting Bump Stops?
I was wondering if anyone on here knew what Mr MOT man would think if I cut my bump stops down a bit? I was told that it makes for a smoother ride, as mines quite bumpy currently cus she's down 2 nicks at the back and shortened shocks.
Thanks given by:
Just abit of rubber, wouldn't think it would be a problem.
Thanks given by:
it wont give a smoother ride, it'll be harder as it will just stop dead as it hits the stop rather than progressively slow down.

if you want a smoother ride don't have it at a stupid ride height.
Thanks given by:
Amen!
Thanks given by:
Well it's already sittin on the stop so I don't think it'd make too much of an issue. Wink and you see, if she's not decked, she's not felt.
Thanks given by:
Mine just passed with NO bump stops, it's not a failure just an advisory. If they tell you otherwise they're having you off.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
And when she felt....she looks crap lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
There we go, the answer I was lookin. Wink all a matter of opinion. :p
Thanks given by:
and a matter of handling...thus safety...think it should fail if theres no ride height left imho

even seen a car going over a fast hump, go coilbound, or beam bound as it could be on the rear of these...then shoot off into the nearest tree??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It can pass MOT at the height it is, I know a couple of guys who've went through how it is. Never seen or even heard of that happen with guys I know. Even a guy I know who went 3 nicks, never had that happen.
Thanks given by:
You cant get any speed up with that sort of ride height so it wont be a problem. Wink
Thanks given by:
as above, lol.
Thanks given by:
As Tom said. Wink I never bought her for speed, bought her for getting me from A to B. And that she does! At almost 170,000 miles, she wouldnt exactly be a prime candidate for speed either. :p
Thanks given by:
bollocks.

Miles of pugracing's 285k Miler

[Image: 20100425_6594.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well the most I'd be looking out of mine is a stage one remap, just for that extra power for getting round the McDonalds drive thru faster. Wink
Thanks given by:
You haven't even stage 1'd it yet? Oh dear, in that case there's definitely not gonna be any speed issues! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Cut bumpstops are MOT failure an youd needa watch mines was 2 nicks last year and failed cause she was on them, but some get away with it some dont, throw her down another an then youll know a bouncy ride lol
Thanks given by:
Nope, she's bog standard engine wise, takes so long to get my 99p double cheeseburger. Sad still contemplating whether or not to do it, have a spare set of stops if I needed...there's MOT centres over here that are known for being easy to pass in...see what happens!
Thanks given by:
Aye try your luck lad some are easier than others, mines was literally about a mil from the bumpstop an he failed me, but just raised her up this time round saves a retest fee
Thanks given by:
Kris your yoke isnt even low youd need tl put bigger bumpstops in for them to be any use at all
Thanks given by:
Says the one. Wink took me a minute to realise what gimp that was driving the felt spec HDI with the stupid sticker on the back window, then I realised theres only one person stupid enough. HAARRRRRIIIIISSSS!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear bump stops Mighty306 4 2,418 05-06-2020, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Strange braking after a few hard stops from high ish speed MY95 13 2,722 19-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Last Post: MY95
  TA technixx coilovers bump/ rebound quality Shea 4 2,253 21-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough