Does anyone know anything about KWP2000

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone know anything about KWP2000
I bought a new KWP2000 ecu read/write, to upgrade to a stage 2. Everytime i try to save the orignal map file it says 'waking up ecu' and the leds flash on the box, the after 5 seconds it says internal hardware error, then wont do anything, it reads the ecu infomation at the begining, im running on windows xp which is the best os to run it on.
Basically does anyone have any ideas as what to try next or better still could someone near me down load the map file so i can send it off to whippy. Im near cambridge btw.

Thanks in advance

Matt
Thanks given by:
Gonna move this to the DW10 section, you might get more interest there mate.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
If all the drivers etc.. are installed correctly, the tool is probably f*cked, very common on eBay KWP's
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had the same, KWPs are junk.

I'd go with an MPPS personally. Every map I write for people, I would always recommend they use MPPS, it's what I use, it has backup facility in it and it works on Windows 7, properly Wink

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
A genuine KWP and you'd have no issues.. It's luck of the draw entirely, I've had my KWP for as long as I've had the HDi (4 years?!) and written/read 40+ maps with no issues
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Most people use KWP clones - most of which either don't work straight away, or fail pretty quickly.

As you say though, there are some which never fail and just keep working! Smile

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Thanks for you advise, I've given up with the KWP2000 and bought me a MPPS instead, so hopefully should have better luck!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAO: Galletto/KWP2000/ELM327 Users Ruan 10 3,716 01-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  kwp2000 doin my head in Chris306 2 1,176 20-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Chris306
  HDI engine fault codes - KWP2000? jackmiller30 6 3,792 31-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle