Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone,
I have a W reg 306 HDI estate.130000 on the clock. It's been a reliable workhorse and a superb family car for camping trips, wet dogs, moving the family's junk, dad's taxi etc.
Recently I've heard a squeak from the rear suspension. I took it to a garage and up on the ramp it appeared that the squeak was coming from the drivers side end of the torsion bar. There is no movement in the wheel and the mechanic told me there was nothing to worry about.
Could any members offer me advice on how to stop the squeak. Would spraying wd40 on the area help or are more extreme measures required.
I'm no mechanic.
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

Could be a shocker squeaking...that would be the simple solution

Otherwise its the beam bearings...is there any bad camber?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2013, 10:48 AM)Piggy Wrote: Welcome Smile

Could be a shocker squeaking...that would be the simple solution

Otherwise its the beam bearings...is there any bad camber?
Tyre wear is even. How can i measure camber?
Thanks given by:
Have a look from behind, you'll know!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club. estates are becoming more popular so youll fit in well here Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2013, 12:09 PM)SRowell Wrote: welcome to the club. estates are becoming more popular so youll fit in well here Big Grin

Thanks. I really like the extra space. I've got two big dogs so the back has a dog guard and waterproof liner. This means i can keep the seats clean(ish) for the humans. I love the 2.0 HDI engine.

(31-12-2013, 10:54 AM)Grant Wrote: Welcome along Smile

Thanks. Looking forward to chatting to you all
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate Smile
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome, another member from the midlands Smile mostly southerners on here Tongue but if you stick around you'll like it here
Yeah as piggy said, stand back and take a look, you'll notice it lol
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks given by:
Yeh its probably nothing to worry about. As long as the rear trailing arms isnt wobbly and also if the beam isnt showing any signs of camber.

Most of the beams/rear brakes squeak when parked up. Its a fairly standard thing.
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 08:21 PM)SRowell Wrote: Yeh its probably nothing to worry about. As long as the rear trailing arms isnt wobbly and also if the beam isnt showing any signs of camber.

Most of the beams/rear brakes squeak when parked up. Its a fairly standard thing.
Thanks for the advice everyone
I can't see any camber on the wheel but it squeaks when driving. It's only audible at low speeds as engine noise covers it when I speed up.
I think I'll run it for a bit to see if it gets worse. I was just concerned that it might indicate a collapsed bearing or something dangerous.
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome. Changes the bushes is my suggestion. They aren't dear.

Paul
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum lad enjoy
Thanks given by: