egr delete

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
egr delete
Hi all can any one explain how they do the egr delete? Looking to do it but looks a night mere. Looks alot easier when engine is on the floor. Also where are people getting there blanking plates from?
Thanks given by:
Done it myself when the engine was out. Much easier, can't see how i'd of fitted my fat hands in to do it otherwise.

Blanking plates can be got off ebay for around £7-8 or so, guy makes them for all sorts of cars.

the best way would be to probably take off one of/all of the engine mounts and move the engine forwards to make access a bit easier, feel free to correct me if im wrong though as i didnt do it in the bay.
Thanks given by:
the search function works guys Wink

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-13047.ht...st+gas+rec
Thanks given by:
Yes I did see this tthread it wasn't very clear when I read first but I think I understand now. The main question I was asking was if you could buy a blanking plate kit. And if there was a way of removing it with engine still in car. Just by undoing lower engine mount or something to rock engine forward cheers.
Thanks given by:
You can easily make your own as per the guide and as per the guide can be done with engine in place
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Having the top engine mount off will make access easier, use a jack to lower the engine forwards, although its a quick enough job that i'm not sure its worth it. It can be blanked easily with the engine in the car, complete removal is a bit of a ballache and probably not worth it.

Google tells me you can buy blanking plates from ebay. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Okay chaps thats alot clearer now ill just leave it on then and blank the inlet end off I can get it mapped out then.

Plate ordered for the sake of 4 quid can't go wrong saves making one Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pas delete, aircon delete, squeally belt mayhem dr_jekyll 16 3,390 11-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll