WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT
Daniel-son....will you be making an appearance at the Ipswich meet on the 3rd?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah probably will do mate, havent put my name down yet though as I havent got a clue what im doing with my car yet and might have to blag a lift or summat lol
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Yeah probably will do mate, havent put my name down yet though as I havent got a clue what im doing with my car yet and might have to blag a lift or summat lol
Good good, was hoping to catch you at the last meet, but had to bail before you showed up! Hmm Not this time though, im in for the day! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Sounds good! Hopefully the weather will be fairer this time, its was a bit chilly at the last meet Sad
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Sounds good! Hopefully the weather will be fairer this time, its was a bit chilly at the last meet Sad
Dont hold your breath....we've had nearly a whole week of warm weather in one hit! You dont really expect it to last another week do you?!?! lmao

Heres hoping though!
Thanks given by:
So the weekend of the Ipswich meet is drawing closer, and as i may have mentioned earlier, im acquiring a set of leaf pattern half leathers from SRowell that same morning (hope youll be up and doing around 10ish Sam!). So in preperation for the impending new seats + doorcards, ive begun stripping the old bits out.

Cue an interesting setup for the leccy window switches on the front doors:

[Image: 2012-05-30190617.jpg]

lmao

All 4 doorcards are out, the rear bench remains at the moment though, as im ferrying my kids around tomorrow evening, plus it adds that little bit of security from prying eyes, not really up for my sub going missing cos ive taken the rear seats out an everyone can see it sat there! lol

Thats all for now! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
lmfao, epic pikey on that switch, i would have just let it dangling, did in mine for a few days lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol, did think about just leaving it, but wanted to retain a little bit of usability, so got busy with the masking tape! lmao
Thanks given by:
This needs updating!
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:This needs updating!
That, sir, is very true! lol

Much love going to Mr Rowell for his help on the day, as well as answering a question thats plagued me since getting the dtub (flashing airbag light - caused by the fact that the pretensioners in the front have both fired Doh).

Gone now is the grey cloth interior, which was much nicer than the original interior that came in the car! In its place now resides a rather tasty set of leaf pattern half leathers (ignore the kiddies seats in the back):

[Image: BEDFB615-orig.jpg]

[Image: 69347509-orig.jpg]

As always, the drivers side bolster is damaged, but for £30 for the whole set + doorcards, i cant complain! :thumbup:

Also, when i got the dtub, the lighter socket was quite dodgy, anything that was plugged into it had to be held at a particular angle for it to work properly, so i tried to replace it with the one from my old 1.4. This failed, as pug (in their infinite wisdom) decided to redesign them between ph2-3. Doh So, i tried to splice the two together to make a working one that would work in the ph2. Also fail. Blew the fuse the moment i connected it. Since then, i just havent had a lighter socket in the car. Then i saw something in Aldi that has worked a treat, as ive wired it all in to the original lighter socket circuit. Big Grin

Nice and OEM:

[Image: 122751C1-orig.jpg]

BAM! 3x12v outputs + 2 USB:

[Image: F911DB38-orig.jpg]

All for £3.99! Winner.
Thanks given by:
Good stuff Tongue
Thanks given by:
Tiny weenie update, hit a milestone milage today:

[Image: 2012-06-27164155.jpg]

That is all. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Had my custom stickers arrive yesterday, only just got to put them on. Basically i fixed one of my ex's computer, and she does vinyl cutting, so offered to whip me up some stickers, so i opted to have my username done. She then turned up yesterday at my bro's house with numerous stickers, in varying sizes, along with some stars....Huh

So anyway, ignore the sticker above the new one, as soon as Scott pulls his finger out and sorts me out some new 306oc stickers, the .net ones will be disappearing.

[Image: CF97B194-orig.jpg]

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Also, yes i am well aware that this project isnt moving anywhere very quickly, but money is tight at the moment, me and the missus are trying to get out of the nightmarish house share we're currently in, and i cant afford to keep spending money on the car at the moment. Got a good sized list of things to be done though!

[Image: F8F6E3D9-orig.jpg]

Thats in no particular order....all in good time, slowly but surely, itll get there! Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
looking good.
i've some left over chrome paint from when i did my fogs if you want it? think there shouls be enough in there to give them a blast over...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 12:40 AM)samass Wrote: looking good.
i've some left over chrome paint from when i did my fogs if you want it? think there shouls be enough in there to give them a blast over...

That'd be spot on, what do you want for it? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
fiver posted will cover it mate Smile its two of those little plastikote enamel jobbies

Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 11:54 AM)samass Wrote: fiver posted will cover it mate Smile its two of those little plastikote enamel jobbies

Done. PayPal good enough for you mate? Big Grin

Was it easy enough to apply? Baring in mind it'll be behind the frosted ph2 lenses of course, so hasn't gotta be perfect.
Thanks given by:
yep perfect mate:

yeah piece of piss man. i rubbed mine down with some finishing pads to give it a bit of a key, then a few light dustings. i got a bit heavy handed with mine, so it run, alot, and collected in the bottom of the reflector, but you cant tell when the lenses are back on. just dont do what i did and break the lense...
clip the metal clips onto the glass first, THEN onto the plastic. do it the other way round and the glass will shatter all over you, your bedroom, and your bed....

also, yhpm Smile

Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 12:49 PM)samass Wrote: yeah piece of piss man. i rubbed mine down with some finishing pads to give it a bit of a key, then a few light dustings. i got a bit heavy handed with mine, so it run, alot, and collected in the bottom of the reflector, but you cant tell when the lenses are back on. just dont do what i did and break the lense...

So no different to spraying anything else then essentially. Top notch, shouldnt cause me too much of a problem then.... Big Grin
Thanks given by:
yep, its just shiney silver paint lol

Thanks given by:
A fairly substantial update for a change from me, got a couple of bits ticked off the list. Big Grin

Those of you that are on my Faceache will already have seen some of the pics, but for those of you that arent, basically my radiator has been leaking pretty much since i bought the car back in January. At first, it was only losing about 500ml of water every couple of weeks, but recently it got to the point where i was using almost a 2l bottle of water every couple of days. Time for a new one then!

Now, some of you also may remember the China 1.4 i had, as well as how often i crashed the damn thing, so it will come as no suprise that it didnt take me long to get the car to this stage:

[Image: 2012-08-06180050.jpg]

Unfortunately, by the time i'd got it to this stage, the new rad still hadnt arrived, but was due to be with me that day (yesterday). Cue a cuppa and a sit down. Wink

The eagle-eyed among you will have noticed that the fans have been taken out, and the plan, if the rad didnt arrive, was to get a coat of paint over them.

However, at about 5.30pm, there was a knock at the door, and the citylink guy handed me a nice big box!

[Image: 2012-08-06181128.jpg]

After a quick nosey at the new part to make sure it wasnt a mangled mess, we (me and my bro, as usual! Big Grin) whipped the old rad out, to find it was hardly a surprise it was leaking!

The back:

[Image: 2012-08-06180932.jpg]

The front (the best bit!):

[Image: 2012-08-06180911.jpg]

It appeared that most of the fins on the front side of the rad had completely corroded, and basically just fell out onto my mothers driveway:

[Image: 2012-08-06180919.jpg]
[Image: 2012-08-06180952.jpg]

New vs. Old:

[Image: 2012-08-06181116.jpg]

Unfortunately, getting the new rad on was quite a bit more difficult than getting the old one out, as the usual suspect, the bottom hose connection, proved to be very difficult to get to clip home. I am also officially crap at remembering to take progress pics, so this is how the car got left at the end of the evening:

[Image: 2012-08-07062252.jpg]

Bumper held on with one bolt each side, only finger tight, as the fans and the fogs had been removed for a lick of paint.

As said, im crap at remembering to take progress pics, but i got a couple, one of the fogs in primer:

[Image: 2012-08-07154654.jpg]

And the first coat on the fans:

[Image: 2012-08-07154647.jpg]

Then a pic after i put the fans on, was cutting it fine for time to pick the missus up from work, so stuck the bumper back on finger tight again to run down the road and back.....i like it, glad i decided on white!

[Image: 2012-08-07162421.jpg]

And the finished product, all back together and fogs refitted, and miraculously, not a single bolt left over, or even any missing! Love my little magnetic bowl! lol

Before:
[Image: DSC01656.jpg]
After:
[Image: 2012-08-07192114.jpg]

Big thanks to Samass for the chrome paint, gave me the motivation to get the fogs done at the same time as the rad. ThumbsUp

Edit: You'll also notice the DRL's have disappeared, decided they looked a bit sh*t really. Not bad for homemade bits, but not good enough to stay. And sorry for the lousy phone pics, never have my "point 'n' snap" with me when i need it. Doh

Edit Edit: Oh and the A/C condensor was removed as well, as it was in the way, and im saving weight/improving cooling. Honest.
Thanks given by:
good stuff! Glad to see you are enjoying this car! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2012, 09:22 PM)SRowell Wrote: good stuff! Glad to see you are enjoying this car! Big Grin

Love it mate, SOOOOOO much better than the 1.4 ever was! I do miss the bwaaarp sometimes, but then the boost kicks in! Wink

And its all the same colour! lmao
Thanks given by:
get on alright with the fog painting then? glad there was enough in them, when i picked them up, they felt lighter than i remembered!

looking good bud! i need to paint my fans, but one of mine is araldited on...

Thanks given by:
No problems at all, I ended up with a slight run as well, but once the lens is on you can't see it. There's still some left after I'd finished! Wink Thankyou very much mate!
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate Smile
Thanks given by:
haha yeah that stuff likes to run! ah well, frosted fogs hide it away, they look good!

do yours still work fine? i didnt mask up the back of mine and now my O/S one doesnt work, think there's some paint on it LOL

Thanks given by:
Yeah they work fine, just put a bit of tape over the hole, seemed to do the job. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
haha nice, i should have done that! :facepalm:

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiNgNuTz's Smoothed HDi Estate WiNgNuTz 150 56,592 25-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard