WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT
kingy Wrote:felt really bad for ya when i read what happened to your old car. hope this one is better for ya matey.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the old one was cursed. Did you ever see any of the old project thread over on .net? Me and my bro have become experts in the art of rebuilding the front of a 306, cos I broke it so many times! lmao
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah, read it all. just got the front sorted then BANG. you had to do it all over again. then again. bad one.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I do miss the old China and it's bwarp, but boooooOOOOST is far more fun! Wink Plus this one is all one colour. lol
Thanks given by:
for now. haha.
Thanks given by:
Shhhh! Don't jinx it, or I'll come and plaster shit under your door handles! lmao
Thanks given by:
you dont know where i live and even if you did i would be out when you came. ninja
Thanks given by:
looks good that, had an idea, would there be any way of 'hiding' them? so it looks like they aren't there until you actually use them? like tint them black or something, but still have them so the orange shines through when they're on?
not sure how youd go about it... tinting film and wrap the whole strip maybe?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, not a bad shout that, may have to look into it. Although the LEDs do poke out a fair bit, may need to find a way to set them back a bit further in the strip. Happy with how they've turned out for now though. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
yeah it looks like they do. how they held it? hot glue? maybe just set them back a bit and smother the feckers in more glue Big Grin
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Theyre only held in with a wing and a prayer at the moment, but will most likely will end up glued in. Havent fixed them properly as yet, as the one thats on the drivers side was only put on to see how they look, havent got the passenger side one on yet! Still a bit of a "Work in progress" at the moment. lol
Thanks given by:
WiNgNuTz Wrote:Removed all the stickers today, after a mate from work said they gave the car a slightly "rat" look, and that's not the look I'm going for. Kept the club stickers though...obviously! Smile

:thumbup:
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
me-tm Wrote:
WiNgNuTz Wrote:Removed all the stickers today, after a mate from work said they gave the car a slightly "rat" look, and that's not the look I'm going for. Kept the club stickers though...obviously! Smile

:thumbup:

Lol, cant believe how clean the back end looks without them too. Was quite surprised! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Quick update as I'm on my phone, just got my spoiler on, taped it up to let the tiger seal set nicely:

[Image: 2AB781C4-orig.jpg]

[Image: 5A215137-orig.jpg]

Looking pretty good I think, can't wait to get the tape off! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks really good mate. Good choice over the stock spoiler Wink
Thanks given by:
My thoughts precisely mate! :thumbup:
Thanks given by:
Reminds me I need to put my spoiler back on !
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
:angry-jumpinganger: :angry-banghead: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussing:

:crying-pink: :crying-green: :crying-blue: :crying-yellow:

My spoiler fell off.............in my hand, but thats not the point.

It would seem that the tiger seal stuck to the window/bodywork, but not to the spoiler. :wtf: As i took the masking tape off, it just got looser and looser, until i took the last piece of tape off, and it just fell into my hand! Sad

And to make matters worse, the poxy masking tape decided to take a load of the lacquer off my bootlid:

[Image: FEDA66B2-orig.jpg]
[Image: AC547D15-orig.jpg]

That'll be needing a respray as well now then. What a *"£$%(&"$% load of &"%*"(&"£%)#! :angry-screaming: Might as well have used gaffa tape!

P.s. Sorry about the lousy phone camera pics, you can still see what i mean though!
Thanks given by:
Upon closer inspection today, I think the tiger seal reacted with the paint, as I didn't lacquer the area that would be in contact with it. That explains why it didn't stick. Sad So I've now sanded that area back to bare (almost), but have found that the adhesive on the masking tape also seems to have reacted with the lacquer on my spoiler, leaving marks that I thought were removable adhesive. Bummer. Looks like I'll need to flat that back and give it another coat of lacquer too. :nope:
Thanks given by:
D: Does that spoiler not have the option of bolting it on? Quite tempted to get one! In fairness i should have got a dturbo instead of the 1.8 but itll be interesting to see how you get on and ill follow in your footsteps in a years time! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
There was an option to bolt the thing on, yes.....but i wasnt about to try drilling holes in the rear windscreen. Tiger seal has worked a treat this time round, the spoiler is on and secure, and ill show it off to you when i come up on Sunday 3rd June. Big Grin

Also, yes you should have got a DT.....you plum! Doh lmao
Thanks given by:
Had a little play on Photoshop earlier, whipped these pics up of how the car will look lowered...

Standard:

[Image: E244DF86-orig.jpg]

Lowered:

[Image: 2B49460A-orig.jpg]

And a bit of a fantasy pic now.....spotted an RCZ earlier, and thought the wheels ("Sortilege" i believe they're called) looked pretty cool, so grabbed a pic of them, and 'shopped them on the car, but then i found that they're 19", so might struggle to squeeze them under my arches! Sad
Look pretty sweet on the car though:

[Image: 042A9347-orig.jpg]

Thats all really, not much of an update...cant wait for 3rd June now though to pick up my half leathers from Mr SRowell. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Little tip. Wet the masking tape down before taking it off other wise it tales the laqure off. I also found out the hard way.lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
puglove Wrote:Little tip. Wet the masking tape down before taking it off other wise it tales the laqure off. I also found out the hard way.lol
Hmm....nice one for that, ill bear that in mind next time. lol
Thanks given by:
Ffs man, get yourself a bosch and get up here already Wink haha. When is the lowering on the cards though?
Thanks given by:
Amazing how much better it'll look just after lowering.
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh and btw, spioler looks ace! especially from bang side on in that above photo!
Thanks given by:
Bosch will probably happen before the lowering, insurance company want £126 out of me to lower it just 40mm!!!!111one :wtf:

And thanks, im well chuffed with the spoiler, really finishes the back end off nicely! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
The joys of the XUD/bosch pump, can just be classed as standard and nobody at the insurance company will know the wonders happening inside it. BOOOST lol
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:The joys of the XUD/bosch pump, can just be classed as standard and nobody at the insurance company will know the wonders happening inside it. BOOOST lol
Exactly...which is why as soon as i can lay my hands on one, its getting done! Insurance company dont know that my Lucas is running 18psi, as i could have quite easily picked up a replacement fuel pump from a scrappy that was already tuned without my knowledge! ninja
Thanks given by:
looks good! Big Grin Yeh hopefully youll like the leathers. Should be nicer than the cloth seats anyway!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiNgNuTz's Smoothed HDi Estate WiNgNuTz 150 56,552 25-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard