Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie and new 306 car needed

Hello I am new to you guys. I Have had 3 Peugeot 306's and my current one needs to be replaced. Its close to 19300 and its time to get number 4.

I have had a Diesel 5 door, a TD 3 door and my current HDi, 3 door (currently in the garage).

I KNOW NOTHING, except I love them and can not bear to buy anything else after renting three cars full of plastic with more gadgets to break.

I noticed a TD sport for sale - what is the difference between the TD? And, will it feel terrible after having the HDI?

all random thoughts appreciated.

sharon
Thanks given by:
welcome! Smile

its more about personal preference and what you want from them.

HDi is more refined, XUD turbo is cheaper and easier to tune, but only if you handy with a spanner.

HDi are supposed to be better on fuel, but some argue that.

Can only buy the HDi in the later 306s, cant buy the later 306 with a XUD turbo unless its been converted
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2013, 03:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: welcome! Smile

its more about personal preference and what you want from them.

HDi is more refined, XUD turbo is cheaper and easier to tune, but only if you handy with a spanner.

HDi are supposed to be better on fuel, but some argue that.

Can only buy the HDi in the later 306s, cant buy the later 306 with a XUD turbo unless its been converted

Ahhh - Ok. that makes sense... Thank you very much. I feel I can not live without an HDI.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2013, 03:42 PM)mcvite Wrote: Welcome to the forum Hello

Thank you...
Thanks given by:
Welcome again!

Which diesel is personal preference, power and torque is about the same, HDI is more economical and refined but more complex, XUD is simpler and will run on veg oil at 80p a litre if it has a Bosch pump but is pretty noisy and rough compared to a HDI. HDI can be remapped for more power, XUD can have more power for free by turning up the fuel and boost...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Welcome along
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome along you cant go far wrong witba diesel 306
However for me the xud.is.more reliable in standard form
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome, I'm a hdi owner and preferably I should have gone for a dt but that's due to modification reasons etc, if your after something standard and staying standard, find a clean hdi Smile
Orrr what's wrong with yours? Just keep yours?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2013, 12:10 AM)DazzaHDI Wrote: Welcome, I'm a hdi owner and preferably I should have gone for a dt but that's due to modification reasons etc, if your after something standard and staying standard, find a clean hdi Smile

Hi there
My HDI is in the garage with the 4th gear has gone, and it has done 193k. It has been serviced and bits replaced but thought it was time to give this high mileage HDi to my brother so he can drive it locally and work on it as things break. I am needing reliability so one with a few less miles on it. The thing is every time I take it to my garage they make a face and say you need to give up on this and get a new one. I make a face back of course and say ...I am only going to get another 306...and so here i am looking for 306 number 4.

(30-12-2013, 07:56 AM)sharon Wrote:
(30-12-2013, 12:10 AM)DazzaHDI Wrote: Welcome, I'm a hdi owner and preferably I should have gone for a dt but that's due to modification reasons etc, if your after something standard and staying standard, find a clean hdi Smile

Hi there

Thank you, I think I will stick with the HDI... Lovely one for sale in Bude, just trying to get to it... as for sticking with mine, it is in the garage with the 4th gear has gone, and it has done 193k. It has been serviced and bits replaced but thought it was time to give this high mileage HDi to my brother so he can drive it locally and work on it as things break. I am needing reliability so one with a few less miles on it. The thing is every time I take it to my garage they make a face and say you need to give up on this and get a new one. I make a face back of course and say ...I am only going to get another 306...and so here i am looking for 306 number 4.

(29-12-2013, 10:18 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Welcome along you cant go far wrong witba diesel 306
However for me the xud.is.more reliable in standard form

Hi Jim

Thank you... all this is advice has been brilliant. I am not in the dark anymore.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the site sharon plenty of people on here to give help and advice when u need it
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Hdi only way ladWink get some pics up!!
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2014, 12:12 PM)dturbodave Wrote: Hdi only way ladWink get some pics up!!

Welcome! Smile Although i think sharon maybe a lady not a lad haha! May be wrong!
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 11:04 AM)Sian Wrote:

Welcome! Smile Although i think sharon maybe a lady not a lad haha! May be wrong!

it is a lady... ha, ha made me laugh.

I will get some pictures up of my broken HDI. I am gifting it to my little brother as a project. Its good to pass on the pug love. And he will have a lovely car when he is finished.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 11:19 AM)sharon Wrote:
(25-01-2014, 11:04 AM)Sian Wrote:

I will get some pictures up of my broken HDI. I am gifting it to my little brother as a project. Its good to pass on the pug love. And he will have a lovely car when he is finished.

Thought so ! Glad theres another 'woman' haha! We need to out number these men haha!!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. Look at getting a stage 1 map for the hdi. It takes you from 90 to around 125hp and it doesn't need any supporting mods.
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 04:08 PM)Sian Wrote:
(25-01-2014, 11:19 AM)sharon Wrote:
(25-01-2014, 11:04 AM)Sian Wrote: Welcome! Smile Although i think sharon maybe a lady not a lad haha! May be wrong!

Thought so ! Glad theres another 'woman' haha! We need to out number these men haha!!

Hi Sian, I bought that Black 3 dr HDI with Mods... it ends a 2 month search. Hooray, I am getting used the Mods. It sounds like a dream. It is very low, going to have to raise it a bit otherwise I can not get it down the lane to home without hitting the sump. Lots of learning curves coming up. Sharon

(26-01-2014, 10:26 AM)SRowell Wrote: Welcome to the forum. Look at getting a stage 1 map for the hdi. It takes you from 90 to around 125hp and it doesn't need any supporting mods.

Hello, I bought another HDI, 3 dr. it has a stage 2 rmap with mods. It was on the 'For sale' thread. It feels very low - I love it but it only comes up to my neck and i am only 5'2.

Dave, I bought anothe HDI that was on ebay this week... Picture is now up.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, always nice to see the ladies getting involved. Smile

Get some pics up when you can.......and maybe a couple of the car as well. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
Thanks given by: