Dash removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dash removal
Anyone got any tips? Following the matrix guide on the gti forum but I've got the point of pulling the dash out and hit a sticking point

Feels like something is holding it back on the drivers side of the dash but there is a reasonable amount of movement there it's just not quite enough to let the dash move round
Thanks given by:
Under wiper motor there is a black box for the wiring undo that and there is bolts under windscreen and either side if dash under neath
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
I've got the ones out under the scuttle panel and the 2 either side inside the car already does that box really need to come off?
Thanks given by:
The only one i missed was the one at the bottom of the centre console it was hidden. Then you gotta get the 2 holding the heater box on so you can get the matrix out.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
The connection box dose need to come off

just remember dont remove the grommet from the fire wall, just cut the flanges off the old matrix to remove it then cut between the pipes to make fitting easier
Thanks given by:
Also your brake lights switch dint forget that. I did was driving round 2-3 days with no brake lights and didn't know
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Don't seem to be able to get that connector box off I've taken out the hex screw cover and the torx bolt should it just pop off?
Thanks given by:
Think it's abit of a pain yes.
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Any luck with it Tom?
Thanks given by:
No lol, noticed a few little bits I'd missed so I've done those but it was getting dark so packed it in for now mate
Thanks given by:
i do hope youve took some good pictures of the fixings?
Thanks given by:
Pictures? Umm..

Why? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
cause i could take some pointers instead of calling you to do mine when it goes Big Grin

went past your house yesterday too Wink
Thanks given by:
Haha what were you doing stalking me again

It's been fairly simple up until this point just make sure you realise there are 2 guides on the 6 forum and make use of both like I didn't lol
Thanks given by:
Im sure Darren did a video on it
Thanks given by:
I followed the guide on the 6 forum and it was fine. In my phase 1 i definately didnt unplug the big plug under the wiper motor!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I also followed the guide on the '6 forum to remove the first one...its surprisingly easy tbh...even easier if someones previously done the matrix and left half the bolts out! Confused

I did miss a bolt under the scuttle the first time round though, thought it was just caught on the wiring so kept pulling....and then managed to rip the dash clean off the bolt post thing, good job it was getting scrapped lol. So yeah, just make sure you've got all the bolts before wrenching it out!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dash window vents removal? NOSE 5 1,175 13-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Last Post: NOSE
  Dash Removal Grant 8 2,361 01-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Jonny b
  Dash removal to change heater control box! 306 d turbo 3 1,979 31-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Last Post: puglove