Fuel pump drawings none starter problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pump drawings none starter problem
is there 12 volts at the fuse or one side of the fuse if you remove it ?
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2013, 03:15 PM)cully Wrote: check fuse F35 15amp in the engine bay fuse box

(26-12-2013, 03:19 PM)cully Wrote: is there 12 volts at the fuse or one side of the fuse if you remove it ?

with the fuse on for the first 15 seconds when the ignition is on i have just about 11.5v, about the same at the relay at pin 4 and 5 at the relay...

where would the next port of call be?
Thanks given by:
your next port of call after you have power at the fuse.........

there is 2 connection joints between the fuse and the pump connector

first one is the large connector block on the bulkhead behind the windsreen wiper motor

second is not drawn very clear but i think it is in front of the gear stick

here are some drawings of the pin outs and where to find them

[attachment=12271]

[attachment=12272]
Thanks given by:
mc65 which is the earth point, according to peugeot is at the rear of the car near the n/s rear light cluster
Thanks given by:
Cully the two plugs you have circled in green are under the glovebox.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
cool thankyou niall
Thanks given by:
thanks for the replies guys, want to say thanks alot cully, after reading the data you sent me checked the wiring under the glovebox and found the blue wire was damaged and not making proper contact, cleaned it up and repaired it.

Then hey presto the 306 lives again, just about take a test run after refitting all parts etc and clearing up, fingers crossed and i will let you know how it goes

Smile
Thanks given by:
excellent news
another 306 successfully brought back from the dead!
Thanks given by:
Awesome work there you two!

What type of damage was it to the connector?
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2013, 12:14 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Awesome work there you two!

What type of damage was it to the connector?

Yeah want to say a really big thanks to Cully probably would not of found the wire without him, just glad it was somewhere easy to access. I only found it by accident as well while i had the power probe connected up i started wiggling wires and it started beeping when i fiddled with it.

After thinking about it, it would make sense, the wire clips in above the glovebox and was hanging down around the back of the centre console. I can only guess it has come loose someone has jumped in the car and caught it and this caused the loose connection.

Anyway the blue wire in the block was not connecting probably and had some damage to it, look like it been rubbing on something, so cleaned it up, repaired it and recased it. Then put the connector back together properly and i got a live back to my lift pump.

It was well worth finding the fault though rather than just running a live straight to the pump like you see on alot of 306 HDI's.

This done, i have covered 60 miles since with no fuse, bar a bit of a rough idle from cold, thinking maf or egr may be an issue but it hadnt been run for a week and may have a bit of air in the system. This to sort and finish the stage 1 off on it.

thanks once again for all the help Smile
Thanks given by:
Im having the exact same problems, tried relay with no help and then disconnected & reconnected the two plugs under the blower motor side.

Hopefully has solved the issue but I plan on cleaning all.my earths and replacing the battery in the near future anyhow!
Thanks given by:
No issue has creeped back up. Would a duff battery lead to the lift pump not priming? Theres power to the dash and it cranks (slowly after a couple of attempts) but with ignition on i cant hear the pump running
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2014, 02:14 AM)mcglynn Wrote: No issue has creeped back up. Would a duff battery lead to the lift pump not priming? Theres power to the dash and it cranks (slowly after a couple of attempts) but with ignition on i cant hear the pump running

have you checked there is power at the lift pump when the ignition if first turned on (first ten seconds I believe it should read)
Thanks given by:
It was really sttange, I was getting 3.5v with the ignition on & 7v with thr ignition off.

I checked EVERY earth, not sure what fixed it if im honest? By checked I mean took off and cleaned, and refitted.

Cully advised me there was a connection under the wiper motor which I went looking for as a last resort.

I got the scuttle panel and wipers etc all off to find there was no connection? It was when refitting all this it worked again. All fuses where fine checked earths continuity with multimeter etc.

Relay changed for a different one. (Although both second hand). Battery changed with no luck either. When I refitted the wipers it worked.

Im stumped.

[Image: a3avuvug.jpg]

Thats just the connection for the wiper motor.
Thanks given by:
hmm well if works wouldn't complain mate...

there is a relay in the fuseboard and also the connector underneath passenger side dash to check to for problems if you haven't already?

thanks
Thanks given by:
Had the connector under the dash in and out, seemed ok connection wise and no. Urn marks/corrosion.

What relay is it in the fuse box? Like you say its great its running but id love to know where the problematic area is.
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 09:48 AM)mcglynn Wrote: Had the connector under the dash in and out, seemed ok connection wise and no. Urn marks/corrosion.

What relay is it in the fuse box? Like you say its great its running but id love to know where the problematic area is.

best way I suppose is to isolate area and check voltage and see where there is a drop in an area as that is what I did to isolate an area for it.

Work through systematically until you get a voltage change..

Im not saying it is the relay for the lp but top row second in from right relay (should be black or grey) but everytime I fiddled with wiring and had a probe in this it would beep and the car would start pumping again

hope this helps
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks. When I had the brown relay out and crossed wires 4 & 8 on the connector the pump would run but the car wouldnt start.

I thought this may be cause the relay controls other items too
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 09:54 AM)mcglynn Wrote: Ok thanks. When I had the brown relay out and crossed wires 4 & 8 on the connector the pump would run but the car wouldnt start.

I thought this may be cause the relay controls other items too

if you go on google images and search for the relay it will show you which number controls what if you haven't got the data infront of you mate Smile
Thanks given by:
I seen the picture cully posted earlier in the thread which led me to join 4 & 8 as he mentioned.

It wouldnt start but the pump did run, I will see if the car still works ok today.
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 09:42 AM)mcglynn Wrote: Cully advised me there was a connection under the wiper motor which I went looking for as a last resort.

I got the scuttle panel and wipers etc all off to find there was no connection?
Im stumped.

Thats just the connection for the wiper motor.

yes the small connection is for the wiper motor

the big black box is the main loom connection into the car it is a large plug or multyplug

and by the looks of it, it seams quite wet! im guessing its been floating in water for a while maybe its corroded the connections?
Thanks given by:
So do I remove that allan key and have a look in there?

Sorry cully the drain hole in there is bice and clean so I would hope it doesnt get submerged!?
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 10:19 AM)mcglynn Wrote: So do I remove that allan key and have a look in there?

Sorry cully the drain hole in there is bice and clean so I would hope it doesnt get submerged!?

Did you get to the bottom of your issue?
Thanks given by:
Hi mate,

I never had the issue recurr thankfully, so can't comment further. Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks given by:
Mine seems to be doing something similar, cant get it on diagnostics till later to check code but last night engine light came on and car wouldnt rev past 2.5k.

This morning it started (took abit more cranking than usual) but drove fine, was revving properly and at full power. then whilst overtaking a vehicle it just cutout, managed to pull over, cranked it continuously for 2 mins and it fired, drove but same problem as last night with no power and wouldnt rev past 2.5k

Abit closer to work and it died again, same MO as before. started after alot of cranking, 100yards driving gently down the road then it died again.

Got it towed the last 100 yards into work and now it wont start at all. Any help appreciated!!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Dead lift pump by the sounds of it. Can you hear it running when you switch the ignition on?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lift pump is in the tank yeah?

Mechanic said he can hear it doing something but i havent heard it priming :/ im assuming its this or perhaps the relay that controls this?
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2015, 02:38 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Lift pump is in the tank yeah?

Mechanic said he can hear it doing something but i havent heard it priming :/ im assuming its this or perhaps the relay that controls this?

yes lift pump is in the tank mate Smile

if the relay is burnt mate and damaged it wont work have you checked the relay yet?

thanks
Thanks given by:
Checked the relay and can't see any obvious damage and the lift pump is priming.

Replaced fuel filter and lift pump today which made... Zero difference.

Pressure regulator on back of HP pump?
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2015, 06:59 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Checked the relay and can't see any obvious damage and the lift pump is priming.

Replaced fuel filter and lift pump today which made... Zero difference.

Pressure regulator on back of HP pump?

if you look at the hp from the top the right side or back has two torque bolts in which holds the regulator in..

have you checked your wiring is not damaged mate in the actual car, that was my fault broken blue wire under passenger dash
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Increasing fuel pump output? JTaylor2005 7 1,929 06-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  HP Fuel Pump FPR Bolts BiG K 13 2,418 30-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Removing Hp fuel pump Welshy_Pete 8 1,801 24-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Last Post: toseland