Stock internals guestion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock internals guestion
Hi there all just a thought would a stock xud take 30 psi off a twin turbo setup and say an 11-12mm pump and help welcome thanks
Thanks given by:
Lol, 30 psi of what?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Air of course
Thanks given by:
It will take anything between 1mile and 1,000,000miles to go bang

Likely closer to 1mile though
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
you need to do some reading up mate, 30psi on which turbine? It's not the same Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't bother tbh, unless you like creating loads work for yourself changing engines..
Thanks given by:
If the guy has loads of money and time...go for it

The right pair of turbos with forged rods and arp head studs and proper built pump and he'll see 250bhp.

But the bill will be huge
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yea ok thanks I was just thinking about it that's all ill look into it and go from there might just end up doin a full rebuild or something like that
Thanks given by:
Arp head bolts £200
Forged rods £400-500
Head machined and skimmed £200-400
Head set £100ish
Decent pair of turbos £200-500
11mm hybrid £100-150
Custom manifolds £???

Plus all the fluids, clutch and oil cooler and pipes and fmic to support and run it all
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
exactly cost a fortune but on standard internals I personally wouldn't waste my time, even from just from a quick search...most td04 engines with some pump mods let a rod threw the block sooner or later
Thanks given by:
250hp sounds like fun I might get another engine and rebuild it properly as see wat I can get out of it
Thanks given by:
Some standars engines throw a rod
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yea I have had a standard engine throw a rod in past but I think if I look around and get some forged rods and do the work over a period of time I should get a gd build hopefully £2-3000 on engine build should bea gd build hopefully if I get some research done first about parts and things
Thanks given by:
If i had that cash i wouldnt be building an xud
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I got a thing for diesels ATM lol I already done a lot of petrol builds do trying something diff and I like wat Darren done with his
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2013, 11:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: If i had that cash i wouldnt be building an xud

Likewise..tbh
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2013, 11:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: If i had that cash i wouldnt be building an xud

It cost me £50 for a 414 pump and £40 for the turbo. £90 for near 90 ponies extra Big Grin

Money no object I'm looking to shoehorn a 2.7 into the 406..... ninja
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've done this on the cheap, the essentials are arp studs, decent rods. Be prepared to have head issues when you push the power too much
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What kind of head issues could I expect could it be solved by machining or modifying or not
Thanks given by:
Probably best if you have a search about. Read through Darren's (darrenjlobb I think) project threads as he mentions many of the complications he had with this type of stuff.
Thanks given by:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_OM606_engine

Fit a 606
Thanks given by:
Not being funny but the way you've wrote that i dont think you have a bloody clue what your on about. Just looks like you've seen bits on here and strung a sentence together. What your current spec? Tuned lucas and a k14?

But to answer your question. No. Londondan ran a big turbo and supercharger on a standard engine and im not sure exactly how long it lasted but it was very long at all. Head issues im aware of are heat, any prolonged hooning and your just making a shit tonne of heat.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Mine lasted a week but I think that engine was just waiting to die anyway!
If you are after sustained reliability at bigger power levels then look at the suggestions above, rods and bolts are a must.

Piggy where do you take your head for a skim that costs you 200-400 quid???? I usually pay around 80 but everything else you said seems about right.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I said head skim AND machining...like bigger valves ans seat angles.
I paid 110 local for a skim. I miss being in the trade...20quid!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2013, 12:13 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_OM606_engine

Fit a 606
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E3DOqALSp8
*spaff*
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Shwiiiiing

Someone needs to do that...rwd 606 powered 306
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The pre cups are just major restriction, all the power is delivered through those tiny holes so as you push more power they just get so hot and it's taken into the head. Eventually you end up with the cups falling out, as suggested check darrenjlobbs thread he encountered these issues.
Thanks given by:
Yea I will sit down later and have a read though it project and see what's wat
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2013, 06:31 AM)Dave Wrote: The pre cups are just major restriction, all the power is delivered through those tiny holes so as you push more power they just get so hot and it's taken into the head. Eventually you end up with the cups falling out, as suggested check darrenjlobbs thread he encountered these issues.

Can the cups be modded?

Or is it MTDI all the way?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeh they can, but it's just as easy to f*ck things as it is to improve performance. They're a pretty key part in fuel/air mixture so adjusting it is pretty fine, in sure Ruan will be along soon to shed some light on it. There was only one case on the net I could find with someone actually modding them, and this was on a big ford v8 and basically the results were pretty atrocious - they give slightly more power very very top end but upto there is was just smokey with poor performance. I've opened mine up slightly but you can get haze etc with even the smallest change my heads been off many times.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater / blower guestion Cbray2003 0 729 13-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Cbray2003
  Internals? sam 34 8,484 25-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Pugmarshall