Gasket Kit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gasket Kit
I'm about to start my 205 xud gti rep project and im the process of collecting parts(im not doing things twice)

My donor engine is a healthy xud (on lucas pump with security wire still fitted)haha

I want to change all the top end gaskets (except hg) as to have a dry block,ive been looking on ebay at gasket kits, as im not using the hg I am not concerned about it quality ,but whats the rest of the gasket kits usually like?

Do crank seals give much problems ? are they worth replacing?

Clutch wise a valeo or sachs?

only aiming for mild torque ,maybe a big blower a couple of months down the road when the car is compete
Thanks given by:
While its apart its well worth doing a HG and getting a decent mls HG in there.
If you can afford it, some ARP head studs too
Crank and cam seals may as well do if you have engine out.

Standard valeo holds a lot of torque but if you have 100-150 to spend get a paddle clutch
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2013, 09:24 PM)pugtk Wrote: I want to change all the top end gaskets (except hg) as to have a dry block,ive been looking on ebay at gasket kits, as im not using the hg I am not concerned about it quality ,but whats the rest of the gasket kits usually like?

Victor reinz is a good make of gasket. What i'm using and most people i know use. If thats what your asking anyway.. lol
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm not going balls out for power yet, some pump work on a standard t2 for now, I want to have the rest of the car up to a good standard first, So I don't want to waste money on non essential items there's no problems with the hg in my spare engine, so i'm not going to pull it apart, Is the standard pug hg not a mls already?

Its just the usually wet block at the back of the engine I want to affoid

100-150 pounds for a paddle clutch? seems cheap a standard valeo is around that ?
Thanks given by:
I never did the headgasket on my engine with the VNT strapped to it. Though I have mr arp holding it to the block. Engine was only supposed to be a test subject but shes stood up pretty well seeing as its stock.

Standard Valeo clutch kit is around the £100 mark

CG Friction 4 paddle unsprung plate from them is around £120 (but takes some time to bed in)
Thanks given by:
all you need is a cam cover gasket and vacuum pump o-rings.
Thanks given by:
Id personally give it to an engine builder and get them to skim head and the block and put a new headgasket on. And check the head over and do all the seals in it aswell. If you have the engine on the floor it would be dumb to not do it. Unless you know the car it came from and are 100% its perfect.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I second the do the hg while its out approach. Will be so easy and if its still on a fibre gasket or has been ran for ages on an old gasket it could fail fairly easily with just some simple power upping.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know the engine is 100% its been fitted to my spare 205 for the past year, it still has its anti tamper seal on the pump

i've been thinking of ordering this kit, again I don't need the h/g

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-40...1c0674aa21

I want to focus on getting the car to a standard in happy with before I start messing with bigger turbos

So for the time being I just want a reliable engine/box with no leaks haha

I thought an xud had a steel gasket as standard?
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2013, 06:16 PM)pugtk Wrote: I know the engine is 100%

I want to focus on getting the car to a standard in happy with before I start messing with bigger turbos

So for the time being I just want a reliable engine/box with no leaks haha

no one knows that their XUD is 100%!

And if this is the case, then do the freaking HG and get the head skimmed and cleaned up in the process
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Honestly like Dave said if its still on the fibre gasket it could well go if you push some power. At least take it off clean up the faces And put a MLS gasket and new bolts on it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I was thinking about this last night and I suppose I may just change the gasket to be safe.. I was just under the thinking that if its not broke don't fix it(no signs of hg failure)

Did the xud not come with a mls gasket?

Also the mls hg in the above kit(link) be ok? has anyone every tried those kits?
Thanks given by:
Glad you have seen the light. If it were true that 'dont fix it if it aint broken' then we wouldnt service cars and once they did break it would be catastrophic

Worth getting a well known make of HG.

The rest of the gaskets get as a cheap kit if you want.

But dont give up on local factors too early...try them, you maybe surprised at the price.

Payen is a decent make. Not too expensive
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I got head set, gasket and bolts all victor reinz for £74 including vat which I think is a pretty good price! So it ain't that expensive to do it while it's out as it's much easier
Thanks given by:
^^^thats £74 well spent
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-12-2013, 10:32 AM)Piggy Wrote: Glad you have seen the light. If it were true that 'dont fix it if it aint broken' then we wouldnt service cars and once they did break it would be catastrophic

I meant non serviceable items more so.. I probably didn't make it clear.. haha
Thanks given by:
(25-12-2013, 11:37 AM)Frosty Wrote: I got head set, gasket and bolts all victor reinz for £74 including vat which I think is a pretty good price! So it ain't that expensive to do it while it's out as it's much easier

where was that?
Thanks given by:
Some parts people that we use at work. Best bet is to go to your local motor factors and see if they can get victor reinz bits
Thanks given by:
The only thing its usually cheaper for me to source my parts in the uk, so I always do my research first then check my local mf
Thanks given by: