Lowering recommendations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering recommendations
(24-12-2013, 07:54 PM)welshpug Wrote: 30mm tops.

I agree with this guy tbh.
Mine was dropped 30mm before i fitted the D2s and it handled like a dream (and still was fairly comfortable). Fitted the D2s which were down about 50-60mm and its ruined the handling compared to what it was like not to mention how uncomfortable it is. I don't see where this idea comes from that you have to be low and on coil overs to handle well. Its rubbish. I know we all take the piss out of standard height 306s but it must of been that height for a reason. Peugeot built some of the best handling cars of that era so i doubt some frog with a glass of red wine just decided he wanted to be able to fit his fist in the arch. There would of been a reason for it and I'm sure they chucked a substantial amount more money in to developing the suspension on 306s than the likes of GAZ could ever dream of having.
Granted on a nice smooth track, stiffer shocks and springs will be better but in reality, how often do we all drive on track!?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
^^^^ +1'd

Im on Bilstein b4s with eibach springs.

Gti rear beam with a cabby rear ARB.

Handles a dream but still smooth and quiet on a run. My back is happy and I get a grin when in the twisties
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Finally people are realising low is shit! lol

I had various lowering setups on various 306s and the best for handling, clearance and comfort was GTi shocks with Eibach 30mm springs. With 55 profile tyres filled the arches just right as well.
Thanks given by:
(25-12-2013, 11:06 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Finally people are realising low is shit! lol

I had various lowering setups on various 306s and the best for handling, clearance and comfort was GTi shocks with Eibach 30mm springs. With 55 profile tyres filled the arches just right as well.

lol i always thought low was shit but thought id give it a go. Hate it. back to 30mm for me in a few days when i can be bothered lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I think I need some NEW springs tho.. My old eibachs are a bit saggy...

In fast road sections in some dips the lower brace catches...which gives a little front end twitch which is a but scarey
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think lie looks great but handling meh. I driver on track all the time so that's why I bought coilovers.
Thanks given by:
(25-12-2013, 12:50 PM)SRowell Wrote: I think lie looks great but handling meh. I driver on track all the time so that's why I bought coilovers.

lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2013, 09:59 PM)welshpug Wrote: not mad, I like a car that still handles.

driven enough decked customers cars and lowered quite a few to know hat 30mm works and looks good, any lower looks shite.

I loved the look of my 306 when it was on 60mm saxo springs but it was a bit crashy.
Ive got it on koni adjustables and 35mm springs now and it handles brilliantly!
Looks like shite though lol
Thanks given by:
Cheers for all the pics and advice, i have a better idea of what to aim for now Smile
Thanks given by:
Basically if you want a shit handling car which looks wikiddd at showz and down the Maccy D's car park slam her down 80mm on Citroen AX springs or some bollocks. If you want decent handling car go -30m on springs/dampers or coilovers from a respected brand.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Recommendations for Wishbones?? CJ_Derv 34 8,012 17-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Last Post: CJ_Derv