Diesel cats??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel cats??
I know the scrapman will pay good money of petrol catalytic converters but what about diesel ones? are they a similar construction to petrol ones or are they different and are simply particulate filters without the same precious metal content, I suppose what I asking is do they have any 'weigh in' value like petrol ones?
Thanks given by:
Yeah scrap man will take them, they arnt worth much though
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Diesel 1s are usually worth more than petrol 1s especially if there genuine
Thanks given by:
Depends if it's original it's worth a bit if it's not its worth f*ck all
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2013, 10:31 AM)Frosty Wrote: Diesel 1s are usually worth more than petrol 1s especially if there genuine

This.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
it's a genuine Renault Megane DCi cat, I've weighed a few petrol ones in, typically getting £20-25, best one was from a Volvo T5 got £50 for that one Smile it will be interesting to see how much I get for this diesel one.
Thanks given by:
Why does it matter if they're genuine or not never understood why..? Huh
Thanks given by:
It's the stuff inside that's worth money, i don't see how 'genuine' makes any difference.. unless it's the material inside that used thats different
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2013, 01:55 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: Why does it matter if they're genuine or not never understood why..? Huh

Think its to do with the amount and quality of the valuable bit inside. Aftermarket 1s are usually noticeably smaller than a genuine
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2013, 02:21 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(18-12-2013, 01:55 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: Why does it matter if they're genuine or not never understood why..? Huh

Think its to do with the amount and quality of the valuable bit inside. Aftermarket 1s are usually noticeably smaller than a genuine

this^^^^^^ there's much less in there, that's why they're cheaper . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
got £30 for the cat, which I thought was OK Smile
Thanks given by:
Tigerstyle got £70 for his when I cut it out.
Thanks given by:
I got a mate who got like £100 for a genuine 306 hdi 1 he took into scrapyard. That was over a year ago though
Thanks given by:
Maybe I should have used a different scrapy Smile but seriously there are a lot of factors governing the value of cats not least current metal prices but type make size all effect value if I could find someone who'd pay £100 for a hdi cat I'd be buying up all the piece of shit mot failure Citroen Renault Peugeot etc there's plenty out there
Thanks given by:
It all luck really what you get for the cats tbh. At the end of the day we don't really know what there worth, we just think there worth what they buy them off us for
Thanks given by:
£70 from these guys: http://emrgroup.com/ totally legit setup.
Thanks given by:
I sold mine at trinity metals in ossett west yorks, mainly because they are just around the corner from where I live so not far to go to drop it off, the guy I dealt with had a chart listing all the different cats small, medium, large, make of vehicle etc, according to this chart the Megane DCi cat is a medium and they valued it at £30 maybe they ripped me off maybe the Renault cat isn't as good as a Peugeot one (the cars usually aren't Smile ) either way I'll definitely check with ERM before weighing another in, there's a couple of ERM centres in Leeds so not far away and definitely worth the trip if they are paying more than double.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  more news for de-cats ?? daddyfixit 6 1,701 30-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  Price of 306 HDI cats boggs 16 4,234 13-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Ruan